Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSA and the Urinator!

OSA and the Urinator!

Well, My thinking on this it seems is back to front. I thought OSA would have caused more night visits to the bathroom? The reason being all that water from the humidifier has to go somewhere and if you use all you water vapour during the night then surely your body will expell some of this, so surely you will get more night visits to the bathroom.

If I drunk that amout over the night I would be up and down like a bloody yoyo.

Comment

As we know, CPAP treatment is never 100% successful or a total failure - it is somewhere between. I dare say there will be a correlation between number of night visits and AHI, rising and falling together. So Grumpy's treatment could probably be improved IF the night visits are OSA related and not older man reasons.

Grumpy - think rugby ball and thank your lucky stars, in more ways than one.
      Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
      Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigers Fan View Post
        Oh Grumpy! Lucky or what? That's awful news and good news all rolled into one!

And you just know you actually like the nurse holding your todger in one hand while threading seeming yards of cable ........ Such a wonderful sensation, isn't it?? And the bored look on her face - been threading willies all day, every day for months or years.

May you get the all clear time after time for all time.

"Such a wonderful sensation, isn't it??" Have you completely lost your marbles? I take it when you had it done TF they left off the flash

Comment

It may be something called "Nocturia"

http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/sleep-..._urination.htm

This was explained to me years ago, as the body's way of getting rid of toxins (acids), as a result of OSA and stopping breathing during sleep.
          Whatever it is, it is the bane of anyone who has not been diagnosed or treated for OSA, because the OSA plus frequent visits to the loo, ensure a totally sleepless night.

Comment

night visits

can somebody explain this one to me then. before being diagnosed with OSA i was the same and would lose count of how many times i would be up in the night.since starting on apap as long as i go to the loo before going to bed i usually sleep right through no matter how long i sleep for but being a wagon driver i often spend nights away in the lorry and i still wake up two or three times in the night ??

Comment

I'm guessing that the lorry is not as comfortable as your bed at home. Do you sleep at the side of the road with lorries roaring passed all night, in a lorry park with lots of night-time arrivals and departures?
              Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
              Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

if i'm honest i probably sleep better in the wagon than i do at home lol. seriousley though on a weekly basis i do sleep in the wagon more than at home and i've been doing it for so long now that apart from fridge trailers that stop and start continually through the night not a lot disturbs me.

Comment

Working...
                X