Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi all great forum!
    I have just finished a weeks trial CPAP and the first few nights were difficult but by the end of the week I felt great better that I have for ages, I am just awaiting an appointment with the local hospital to discuss the next steps.
    My question is simple if I am prescribed a CPAP how long will I have to wait for a machine.

Welcome

The wait all depends on your local authority so there is no knowing without asking them directly.

Am I glad you have been successful and good luck with your new machine when you get it.

Happy Christmas

Lorraine
    APAP: F & P Iconaax auto
    Masks: Resmed Swift FX, Sleep Weaver, Mirage Liberty and most other makes and models.

Comment

The wait isn't for a machine to be made available apparently, but for an appointment. It seemingly varies between a few weeks and a couple of months these days, quicker if you make yourself available for a cancellation. Someone at the SATaday conference said they were told 18 weeks then had a telephone call a fortnight later to attend the clinic a few days later.

Let's hope yours will be soon, especially as you seem to have got on well.

Comment

Got mine in 3 days after returning trial machine inc weekend.they rang me back with the results later that day, (fri) and I got an appt for Tuesday morning o collect it. Brand new system one & humidifier

Comment

Enjoy....it will (hopefully) become your best friend, though remember it will play practical jokes and decide occasionally to become a whoopee cushion and blow air in your eyes....take it as a sign of affection and carry on.

Remember our motto
          Cpaps Really Are Perfect.....I have the rights to the t shirts and coffee mugs.

Comment

Apap

You seem to have left out:

Apap
            registers
            sleep
            episodes

...and I have the t-shirt for that

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus View Post
              You seem to have left out:

Apap
              registers
              sleep
              episodes

...and I have the t-shirt for that
              pmsl, want one of them off santa plz
              Resmed S8 Escape ll
              Resmed H4i Humidifier:
              Resmed Mirage 'Quattro' Full Face Mask/mirage micro nasal

Comment

I got one !!
                I tried an apap for 2 weeks to try and get a clear indication of what pressure I need now that I have lost a lot of weight, when I returned it I was asked to put a note in it to make sure the readings were taken and that it wasn't just put back in to stock.
                In the letter I sent back with it, I said that I had had the best 2 weeks sleep in years and I would be really happy of they let me keep it.
                I was expecting a call to say what pessure I needed to set my cpap to, or, that I didnt need it any more. The technician called me 2 days later and said that she had good news for me. I thought... Ohhh, no more cpap but I was wrong.
                The doctor had decided that I really did need an apap and that I should go and pick up the machine the next day. It makes so much difference to my sleep and I am sooooooo happy with it
                It has a built in humidifier and a heated hose as well as an alarm and a disc for music to wake up to. I am sure I will work out how to use it all soon but for now I am just happy to be getting proper sleep again.
                See, there is a Santa!
                Happy Christmas everyone
                APAP: F & P Iconaax auto
                Masks: Resmed Swift FX, Sleep Weaver, Mirage Liberty and most other makes and models.

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
                  Enjoy....it will (hopefully) become your best friend, though remember it will play practical jokes and decide occasionally to become a whoopee cushion and blow air in your eyes....take it as a sign of affection and carry on.

Remember our motto
                  Cpaps Really Are Perfect.....I have the rights to the t shirts and coffee mugs.
                  Seeing as "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON" has been popularly adopted in all sorts of ways I suggest

KEEP CPAPing AND CARRY ON!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for your comments I think I will wait and see what happens, I will keep you all upto date on any progress.

Comment

Hello Rochdale Blue, my home town as it happens!

I live in Sussex now, I did the trial, it worked, and was given a machine straight away but then the sleep unit in our local area was new so I was quite lucky really.

Hope you get one quickly mate!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X