sleep study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep study

hi all i had a second sleep study the other nite.im waiting 4 results i had first half of nite with cpap second half without.i have tried many different masks.also i alaways wake up with very very dry mouth.i have tried hummidifer does no gd.one thing i noticed on hospital computer near sleep room in the morning was a red graph itwas really high the seemed 2 drop at end.any ideas?also is it possible i may need oxygen with my cpap maybe?

Red and consistantly high may well be blood oxygen, which should be close to 100 on a scale of 100. If that's what you saw, with few dips, you would have bene doing well. The drop at the end could simply be the moment you took it off, it dropping to zero instantly.

Comment

Oxygen level

Sorry if this is going away from the original thread.

Lately to a high level I have been relying on my CPAP machine.

Given my Oxygen level is Ok as measured recently, What other reason would I be gasping for air, like a fish out of water?

Kingfisher.

Comment

Ermmmm

Hi kingfisher

Could you possibly have had an apnoea?

TF
        Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
        Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

When you say the levels have been OK, is that during sleep or when awake?

Comment

Sleep studies and CPAP treatment - Cost for the patient

Hello,

I am studying the sleep apnea management in Europe.

Are sleep studies and CPAP treatment 100 % reimbursed by the NHS in the UK ?

If not, what is the cost for the patient please ?

Pierre

Comment

Equipment

If you mean do we get our equipment for free the answer is yes! All equipment is free on the NHS the only problem that may occur is that the waiting list maybe quite lengthy so some people jump the process by buying their own equipment. Hope this helps

Comment

Sweet Sleep

IF you ever want to go to sleep fast --just get Stephen King's book "Insomnia". Puts me right to sleep every time I try to read it. So far I haven't even finished the first chapter and have been trying to read it for a couple months! LOL Everone who has Sleep Apnea should have that book! Kudos to the King for his rendition of it. x Berneta

Comment

Originally posted by Berneta View Post
                  IF you ever want to go to sleep fast --just get Stephen King's book "Insomnia". Puts me right to sleep every time I try to read it. So far I haven't even finished the first chapter and have been trying to read it for a couple months! LOL Everone who has Sleep Apnea should have that book! Kudos to the King for his rendition of it. x Berneta
                  Berneta I thought you loved stephen lol, you could go for "IT" or maybe TommyKnockers Guarenteed to let you sleep soundly under your bed

For me it has to be James Herbert for a truly scary night or if Im feeling adventures then a good Clive Cussler

...anyway back on track. In the UK we are not reimburst as its free to begin with, our medical treatment is paid through a taxing system. If we pay for the equipment ourselves then we pay the same as most as alot of peeps buy online from the states.

Comment

The all-night sleep study is frequently used by sleep physicians to evaluate adult patients when they are sleeping (we also have a pediatric sleep lab). This laboratory test is extremely valuable for diagnosing and treating many sleep disorders, including neurologic disorders, movement disorders and breathing disorders at night. All-night sleep studies (also called polysomnography) are ordered by sleep physicians in the University of Maryland Sleep Disorders Center and are performed in the sleep laboratory.
                    The sleep laboratory is located at the University Specialty Hospital near Baltimore's inner harbor. Patients come to the laboratory between 9 and 9:30 p.m. on the appointed day. There they meet with a sleep technologist, who will explain and perform the study. The sleeping rooms are comfortable, motel-like rooms with normal (not hospital) beds. Each room has its own attached bathroom and a television. Shower facilities are also available. Parking is easy in the underground garage beneath the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                    X