R.A.S. (Restless Arm Syndrome)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.S. (Restless Arm Syndrome)

Yet again its the middle of the night and its woken me up again, if its not my legs that are driving me daft its now my arms? didnt think this was possible but just found out its as common as legs. If anyone knows any ways to relieve the symptoms I'm all ears as its really disturbing what little sleep I get, thanks

Restless Arm / Restless Legs

Hi Sparticus

I hope this answer may help?

I had to attend my doctors today as my RLS has got worse and now like your good self am getting it the arms

I have been prescribed Ropininole which is a Parkinsons disease treatment, I had a Low Iron count although not Anaemic however having Iron tablets can cause constipation, and either an increase in blood pressure , as I suffer low BP it was decided not to take this route

I also take Gabapentin 400mg 3 times a day for the pain / crawling feeling I get in my legs.

Have you seen your Doctor about what is happening?

Hope you get some answers.....All the best...Andy

Comment

Restless Arms

This just started happening to me the last two nights. I have only averaged two hours of sleep per night. I do have fibro, but I've never had this creepy, crawly feeling in my arm. So far I've tried Ben-Gay, Ambien, Flexeril (not on the same night), Melatonin, chiropractor, massage, stretching, flexing, 35 different sleep positions in various places throughout the house, all to NO avail!! I've missed two days of work now (at a job I love). I'm going crazy! Definitely giving up my Diet Coke, even though I don't drink tons of it. I just want to be able to sleep again!

Comment

Not in any way scientific but i would have a wobbly/weak feeling in my arms if my brain is tired but I haven't used my arms much during the evening. The legs seem to get more exercise by dragging my butt everywhere (thank you to my dear wife for that one), but an evening on computer mousing or typing seems to bring out the worst.

Comment

Tens

use a tens machine it worked for me and I had alot of fun torturing myself for a few hours before I fell asleep

Comment

RLS

Yep I have used a TENS before and can agree with you about torture LOL

Comment

TENS is one of those things that works for some, and not for others. there is a theory that if you love your back being scratched, you will like TENS. Either that or you had it setx too high!

My partner uses TENS all the time for a back problem. Often it is the only thing that helps the sciatica

Comment

Originally posted by Fredxx View Post
                TENS is one of those things that works for some, and not for others. there is a theory that if you love your back being scratched, you will like TENS. Either that or you had it setx too high!

My partner uses TENS all the time for a back problem. Often it is the only thing that helps the sciatica
                Tens is a very good device to use for RAS or RLS as it sorts out the messages going to the brain and stops the need to move them, always best to start on a low setting and go higher slowly

Comment

RLS and RAS

Thanks Sparticus will give it a try

Comment

Fibro and RLS

Hi Dot I too have Fibro and have had RAS and RLS for some time, I certainly think it's the fibromyalgia, however I have now developed hand tremors and have been reffererd to a neurologist

Comment

Working...
                    X