Problems sleeping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems sleeping.

Hi all, I Have not really needed to post on here before as i have been fortunate enough to get on with my cpap machine pretty much from day 1. But on Wednesday just gone it took me an unusually long time to get to sleep, usually i am asleep withing minutes of my head hitting the pillow but Wednesday took me atleast an hour with similar issue on Thursday. Then last night i slept fairly quickly but woke up about 3.30am kicking my legs out and felt like i had really bad restless legs, I used to get this a lot before using the cpap when i was tired in the evening but not since and never woke and had it. It kept waking me up every few minutes and i felt really twitchy and could not sleep.

I dont know weather its related to the cpap or just something else. Any ideas?

Not easy to tell, is your machine (if CPAP) still putting out the same pressure and when you wake up does it still feel as strong? If not contact the clinic to have it checked.
    If the pressure drops off after a couple of hours like two of my machines did it might be hard to convince them that this happens. I had to stand in the clinic and refuse to take the machine home, this was after a visit where they checked it and said it was fine. Anyway, the replacement machine worked fine until it did the same a year and a half later. No problem getting it changed.
    Anyway, thats was the problem I had.
    If you have put on a little weight you might need a slight pressure increase.
    If you have an APAP machine, is it detecting properly?
    Last edited by Sleep2Snore; 29 September 2012, 13:43. Reason: Predictive text is rubbish!
    S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

I still get this from time to time, not sure what causes it but about every few months I have a bad night where I cant sleep and my legs want to dance. I usually just get up and walk around abit, have a cuppa then go back down about an hour later, usually solves the problem.

Comment

Digital radio, 4extra, or recordings of In our Time lectures on my phone....works every time. Tried listening to the Infinite Monkey cage but found it was too funny and giggle fits into the wind aren't comfortable or sleep inducing.

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
          Digital radio, 4extra, or recordings of In our Time lectures on my phone....works every time. Tried listening to the Infinite Monkey cage but found it was too funny and giggle fits into the wind aren't comfortable or sleep inducing.
          LoL that made me laugh
          S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

"LoL that made me laugh"

I'm sure its' happened to all of us........what?......just me?

Comment

I get this too from time to time, the causes range through weather to having watched TV too late, my family worrying me to having eaten or drunk something (or missing a well timed light supper snack such as oat cakes or cereal). Sleep hygiene helps a lot, but whatever I still fall to it now and again.

Comment

Looking back at this thread..........New comfort sleep drink, warm milk and whiskey/whisky.......ironically my Mum used to give me a spoonful of this when I was a baby. Sometimes it's nice to look back at the joys of childhood, just with a bigger containers. Sending myself to bed without supper.....not such a success, but it wasn't so good an idea then either.

Comment

That could be some kind of mental disturbance may be you are upset because of something or that can be a dream also.Make your mind relax before going to sleep.Watch a film or something that will help you.

Comment

Tried the film, maybe nightmare on elm street wasn't the best choice. Though more seriously a low volume radio tuned to the world service is an excellent idea.

Comment

I have insomnia from time to time. Nothing helps. so just surf the net during such nights

Comment

Originally posted by martin View Post
                        Looking back at this thread..........New comfort sleep drink, warm milk and whiskey/whisky.......ironically my Mum used to give me a spoonful of this when I was a baby. Sometimes it's nice to look back at the joys of childhood, just with a bigger containers. Sending myself to bed without supper.....not such a success, but it wasn't so good an idea then either.
                        What! Spoil good whisky!
                        S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Working...
                        X