Trouble at t'mill!
Hi DevonBound
Sorry I seem to have deserted you! that sudden influx of newbies while I was away frightened me off and I've only just found that your troubles continue.
Please remind me which machine you have. I've always assumed from the way you discuss stats that you have access to a printout. I think you have a Resmed like me. A Remstar M Auto. If you do and you have a Smartcard stuck into the back of it, I'll be more than happy to print your stats out for you. PM me if you wish.
A couple of nights ago I picked up a Resmed ComfortFull 2 mask in a multi-tasking sort of way and then decided to give it a go. Haven't used it since my early CPAP days. Anyway, I've had two really good nights with it so I thought to look at the stats. Much the same as the Quattro except - an 80 - 90% reduction in leakage! There is a cliff in the weekly report!
Like you, I sleep well with the Quattro, which doesn't leak as far as I'm aware but gives 120 leakage and a large leakage of an hour or two per week (I chose a weekly report, not the seven day average on the machine). With the ComfortFull the large leakage was zero for two nights.
One minor problem - I guess due to the cavernous proportions of the ComfortFull, I get condensation inside it. I use a humidifier and heated hose, but the air has so long inside the mask and so far from the hose to nose flow path that condensation occurs. I've not had rainout but boy! was I surprised when I put it back on after a trip to the bathroom!
Let me know if I can help with your stats printout.
TF
Hi DevonBound
Sorry I seem to have deserted you! that sudden influx of newbies while I was away frightened me off and I've only just found that your troubles continue.
Please remind me which machine you have. I've always assumed from the way you discuss stats that you have access to a printout. I think you have a Resmed like me. A Remstar M Auto. If you do and you have a Smartcard stuck into the back of it, I'll be more than happy to print your stats out for you. PM me if you wish.
A couple of nights ago I picked up a Resmed ComfortFull 2 mask in a multi-tasking sort of way and then decided to give it a go. Haven't used it since my early CPAP days. Anyway, I've had two really good nights with it so I thought to look at the stats. Much the same as the Quattro except - an 80 - 90% reduction in leakage! There is a cliff in the weekly report!
Like you, I sleep well with the Quattro, which doesn't leak as far as I'm aware but gives 120 leakage and a large leakage of an hour or two per week (I chose a weekly report, not the seven day average on the machine). With the ComfortFull the large leakage was zero for two nights.
One minor problem - I guess due to the cavernous proportions of the ComfortFull, I get condensation inside it. I use a humidifier and heated hose, but the air has so long inside the mask and so far from the hose to nose flow path that condensation occurs. I've not had rainout but boy! was I surprised when I put it back on after a trip to the bathroom!
Let me know if I can help with your stats printout.
TF
My guess is that perhaps the machine is set for a nasal mask and thus thinks the extra air it is pumping to compensate for the vents etc is a leak

issues having the lower level set at 13 rather than 15.5 but my AHI is starting to drift slowly upwards again now at 12.2AHI
Comment