Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask – Have you tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask – Have you tried it?

Due to the huge popularity of the DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask – FitPack, Philips Respironics have now brought out the DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask

It’s unique design directs airflow through the frame to the top of the head, which allows the user to sleep in their preferred position – whether on their front, side or back. The under the nose designs minimises facial contact, and allows the user more freedom and comfort.

The Dreamwear Full face mask is available as a Fit pack (with 4 different size cushions included) or as a single size mask (S, M, MW & L)

Here is an introduction video to the DreamWear Full face mask:

As this is a relatively new product, we would be keen to hear your feedback on this mask. Also if you have any questions, then please do ask.

I have gone through most of the Resmed full face masks and some worked betetr than others. However yesterday i got my first Philips Respironics Dreamwear CPAP Nasal Mask, only used for 1 night but the air leakage has dropped significantly. Previous masks include the ResMed F10 and Quattro FX (wife hated that one). Obviously i need more time to get used to this under the nose as appose to being on the bridge but as a "Side Sleeper" that turns a lot having the hose come down both sides of the face helps.

Comment

Hi tirednomore,

Thank you for your reply. I am pleased that the air leakage has dropped significantly for you, with just one night's use of the DreamWear Full Face mask. Please do let us know how you get on with the mask in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I have never tried one, though it looks interesting and not so claustrophobic as the old full-faced masks.
        I like the way the hose is over the head, I used a mask for years that went over the head and I now hove one (Nasal Pillows) that the hose goes down the front, I couldn't use it like that so I tie wrapped the hose to the side of the mask. Only problem with this is that it stops me from sleeping on the side where the hose goes up as the tie wrap digs into my head, however, it is the only way I can use it. I was going to adapt it and told the manufacturer that hoses should go over the head on Nasal Pillows and many other masks. I told them I was going to adapt their mask, not quite got round to it yet but I will.
        S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Hi Sleep2Snore,

Thank you for your message. This mask is also available as the DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask - Fit pack , which is hugely popular with our customers. If you should try the DreamWear masks, then please do let us know how you get on.

Comment

I've just been told that this mask will be included in my next supplies drop this week. I tried it briefly at the last SATA conference, and it did feel super comfortable. I'll re-post when I've had it in use for a week or two.

Comment

I would be interested to know how you get on with it if you try it long term.
              S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Ok, had this mask for a few months now, and I really like it. Having the coupling at the top of my head felt odd at first, but provided that you can raise the tubing, it works really well. I generally hook the tubing behind the headboard, so it falls neatly into position. It probably helps that I don't move around much when sleeping.
                I do find it a bit noisier than my previous mask (Amara), especially the constant vents at the elbow (if it ends up blowing onto the headboard or pillow) and the vent holes at the front of the mask. These can also blow directly over my partner if I'm facing her, but she hasn't complained (yet!) I've had more of an issue with "rain-out" than with my previous mask/tube, but this could be down to other factors.

The mask is very light and comfortable and has no problem sealing well, which is even more impressive seeing as I do have a full beard, trimmed to 5-6mm.
                The "frame" sits comfortably right on top of the head, with two flattened soft tubes that supply air from the swivel elbow to the mask.
                The elastic straps attach to either side of the mask with strong magnets, and are fully adjustable. I was measured for fit by the Philips support team at the recent SATA day, so I was sure the fit would be good, but as the system is fairly modular with different size options for the frame and the mask, a well fitting combination should be easy to find.
                All in all, a vast improvement over the Amara mask, no more redness at the bridge of my nose, and the ability to wear glasses with the mask on means that I can start the ramp up process whilst also reading to relax is a real bonus.

Comment

Hi Mister Corbetto,

Thank you for your post, and feedback on the Philips Dreamwear full face mask. I am pleased the mask is working well for you.

Have you considered using a CPAP Hose Lift? This eliminates pulling on the mask and helps avoid getting tangled in the tube when rolling around during the night.

If you are experiencing "rain-out", then can I ask if you have tried any of the following:
                  1. 6ft Fleece Tube Wrap - makes the hose a lot more comfy to touch and insulates the tube against both sound and temperature difference, helping to fight condensation and rain-out. This can only be used on a standard non-heated tube
                  2. Humidifier and heated tube - These products add warmth and moisture to the air provided by your CPAP machine, and helps prevent condensation in the tube and mask.

If you have any questions, or would like to know more about any of the products that I have mentioned, then please let me know.

Kelly

Comment

I suffer with polyps in my right nostril that restricts the air flow so i use a full face mask, would you any reason why the is mask would irritate the problem

Comment

Hi Will,

Thank you for your post.

I am not a medical professional so cannot advise you as to why the full face mask would irritate the polyps in your right nostril. However have you considered trying the Fisher & Paykel Oracle 452 Oral mask? This mask would provide the pressure through your mouth and not your nose, so would alleviate any issued you have in your nostrils. Do you want to have a look and let me know if you have questions?

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Cornetto View Post
                        Ok, had this mask for a few months now, and I really like it. Having the coupling at the top of my head felt odd at first, but provided that you can raise the tubing, it works really well. I generally hook the tubing behind the headboard, so it falls neatly into position. It probably helps that I don't move around much when sleeping.
                        I do find it a bit noisier than my previous mask (Amara), especially the constant vents at the elbow (if it ends up blowing onto the headboard or pillow) and the vent holes at the front of the mask. These can also blow directly over my partner if I'm facing her, but she hasn't complained (yet!) I've had more of an issue with "rain-out" than with my previous mask/tube, but this could be down to other factors.

The mask is very light and comfortable and has no problem sealing well, which is even more impressive seeing as I do have a full beard, trimmed to 5-6mm.
                        The "frame" sits comfortably right on top of the head, with two flattened soft tubes that supply air from the swivel elbow to the mask.
                        The elastic straps attach to either side of the mask with strong magnets, and are fully adjustable. I was measured for fit by the Philips support team at the recent SATA day, so I was sure the fit would be good, but as the system is fairly modular with different size options for the frame and the mask, a well fitting combination should be easy to find.
                        All in all, a vast improvement over the Amara mask, no more redness at the bridge of my nose, and the ability to wear glasses with the mask on means that I can start the ramp up process whilst also reading to relax is a real bonus.
                        OK, quick update.

I have just purchased a Dreamstation Go (will review separately on the Device forum) as a portable device, and the mask works even better now. Coupled with the lighter hose of the Go, there is even more freedom of movement during sleep, and less pulling on the mask. The Dream Mapper app is showing 98% mask fit over my nightly usage, and only one total disconnect.

I'd recommend to anyone buying this mask, to look into alternative tubing from the standard 22mm if their machine can take it.

Even happier with the fit and comfort now, and even without a humidifier, I am getting sleep session of between 6 and 8 hours with no problem.

Comment

Mister Corbetto, Thanks for your feedback on the mask.
                          S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Working...
                          X