flatulence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flatulence

New user, on mask #4, think this one will work. Problem; waking flatulence now around 4am every morning. I didn't experience this until on CPAP for 3 weeks. Help! I just want a good nights sleep. (so doesn't my husband).

The flatulence can be caused by swallowing air, after a while your body will get used to the pressure and it'll settle down.

Comment

There's a few threads here about this issue.

You should find a few good tips there, like propping up the head end, looking in to comfort features like exhalation relief etc.

Let us know if it persists.

Comment

Until i read the link I hadnt associated flatulance with my cpap unit. When I first got my machine I suffered terrible wind much to my sons constant amusement, funny how youngsters all have that toilet humour, however about a year ago we changed our bed from a waterbed,very flat, no head end to a "tempus" bed were I can raise the head end to virtually upright, not that I have tried to sleep at that angle, The main thing being I now realise that I dont suffer as before, so it would suggest that by raising your head end it may resolve the problem

Comment

Working...
        X