Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPAP PRO "no mask" ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • martin
    replied
    A workmate just looked over my shoulder and said his mum used to say "stop ditherin' with the futterin' " when he was slow getting ready for school.

    If Sparty joins in, Scotland has its own version of English !!!
    Last edited by martin; 7 January 2012, 09:18.

    Leave a comment:


  • martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Patsyw View Post
    Its not often I`m presented with a new word - I had to look up `futter`!
    Yes, will report back on how things go.
    Patsy


    I just looked up the definition myself
    It just meant that something was fiddley to work with when i was growing up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Patsyw
    replied
    Originally posted by martin View Post
    Thanks for the info patsy. Think I'll wait 'til my next nose MOT and see what the clinic thinks , or hopefully at least have a sample to look at before plunging into it, or plunging it into me. I'm not great on futtery stuff, straps and masks are my limit....the video controls are a total mystery.....but please keep us informed on how you get on. All the best with it. martin
    Its not often I`m presented with a new word - I had to look up `futter`!

    Yes, will report back on how things go.
    Patsy

    Leave a comment:


  • martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Patsyw View Post
    Hello Martin - No you only have to do the boil and bite once. Yes, it is a bit like a gum shield but instead of moulding to both upper and lower teeth, it just moulds to your top teeth (which I am having a problem with - I wish it included the bottom teeth as well then the mouth could be kept shut).

    I doubt whether it will stretch your nostrils as the nasal pillows rest just inside the nostril and are very soft. There is plenty of adjustment available to get them at the right angle and depth.

    My sleep clinic bought one for me to try as I cannot use masks and straps - going to bed has been hell for the last year. I still have not managed to mould the mouth device to my top teeth satisfactorily - the base is a very rigid structure and does not allow for much variance in different dental shapes - I wish it was more like the mandibular advancement devices which I`ve never had any trouble moulding. However I will keep trying to get it moulded - you can try and try again if you get it wrong. You have to put it in rolling boiling water then wait until the temp falls (they provide a thermometer) so you don`t burn your gums then press it against your upper teeth for 5 mins. So far I have not been able to get it comfortable so its not pulling on my front teeth but still producing a good fit to stay in place all night.

    Once I have got this right, I have high hopes of it being a good device for me.

    Patsy
    Thanks for the info patsy. Think I'll wait 'til my next nose MOT and see what the clinic thinks , or hopefully at least have a sample to look at before plunging into it, or plunging it into me. I'm not great on futtery stuff, straps and masks are my limit....the video controls are a total mystery.....but please keep us informed on how you get on. All the best with it. martin

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Patsyw View Post
    Hello Martin - No you only have to do the boil and bite once. Yes, it is a bit like a gum shield but instead of moulding to both upper and lower teeth, it just moulds to your top teeth (which I am having a problem with - I wish it included the bottom teeth as well then the mouth could be kept shut).

    I doubt whether it will stretch your nostrils as the nasal pillows rest just inside the nostril and are very soft. There is plenty of adjustment available to get them at the right angle and depth.

    My sleep clinic bought one for me to try as I cannot use masks and straps - going to bed has been hell for the last year. I still have not managed to mould the mouth device to my top teeth satisfactorily - the base is a very rigid structure and does not allow for much variance in different dental shapes - I wish it was more like the mandibular advancement devices which I`ve never had any trouble moulding. However I will keep trying to get it moulded - you can try and try again if you get it wrong. You have to put it in rolling boiling water then wait until the temp falls (they provide a thermometer) so you don`t burn your gums then press it against your upper teeth for 5 mins. So far I have not been able to get it comfortable so its not pulling on my front teeth but still producing a good fit to stay in place all night.

    Once I have got this right, I have high hopes of it being a good device for me.

    Patsy
    What people put themselves through to get a good night sleep is sometimes even painfull to read. I hope you get the comfort and fit your hoping for Patsy

    Leave a comment:


  • Patsyw
    replied
    Originally posted by martin View Post
    Gotta admit I'm curious about this one but was hoping someone else will take the plunge first. It looks as though it works like a gum shield but do you have to do the boil and bite bit every night? Also is it going to gradually stretch the cartilage in my nose? I'm good with masks (my lil joyce gel and sleepweaver double act) but do find straps a pain in the butt (so to speak) so always looking for new gizmos.

    Willing to be a guinea pig for 20% disc, I'll even take a pink/leopard skin print (got my eyes closed when I use it...heh heh)
    Hello Martin - No you only have to do the boil and bite once. Yes, it is a bit like a gum shield but instead of moulding to both upper and lower teeth, it just moulds to your top teeth (which I am having a problem with - I wish it included the bottom teeth as well then the mouth could be kept shut).

    I doubt whether it will stretch your nostrils as the nasal pillows rest just inside the nostril and are very soft. There is plenty of adjustment available to get them at the right angle and depth.

    My sleep clinic bought one for me to try as I cannot use masks and straps - going to bed has been hell for the last year. I still have not managed to mould the mouth device to my top teeth satisfactorily - the base is a very rigid structure and does not allow for much variance in different dental shapes - I wish it was more like the mandibular advancement devices which I`ve never had any trouble moulding. However I will keep trying to get it moulded - you can try and try again if you get it wrong. You have to put it in rolling boiling water then wait until the temp falls (they provide a thermometer) so you don`t burn your gums then press it against your upper teeth for 5 mins. So far I have not been able to get it comfortable so its not pulling on my front teeth but still producing a good fit to stay in place all night.

    Once I have got this right, I have high hopes of it being a good device for me.

    Patsy

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by martin View Post
    Ohh...the lost weekend....ain't going there
    hahahahahahahaha Miss the Corners pub, stayed there many months lol

    Ps still cant remember how many corners it did have 4 or 5 LMAO!

    Leave a comment:


  • martin
    replied
    Ohh...the lost weekend....ain't going there

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by martin View Post
    Over the years I've tried many a thing that looked uncomfortable that turned out .....em...never mind
    I had the same problem in Ballyclare

    Leave a comment:


  • martin
    replied
    Over the years I've tried many a thing that looked uncomfortable that turned out .....em...never mind

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by martin View Post
    Gotta admit I'm curious about this one but was hoping someone else will take the plunge first. It looks as though it works like a gum shield but do you have to do the boil and bite bit every night? Also is it going to gradually stretch the cartilage in my nose? I'm good with masks (my lil joyce gel and sleepweaver double act) but do find straps a pain in the butt (so to speak) so always looking for new gizmos.

    Willing to be a guinea pig for 20% disc, I'll even take a pink/leopard skin print (got my eyes closed when I use it...heh heh)
    They would have to PAY ME to even think of using something like this

    Leave a comment:


  • martin
    replied
    Gotta admit I'm curious about this one but was hoping someone else will take the plunge first. It looks as though it works like a gum shield but do you have to do the boil and bite bit every night? Also is it going to gradually stretch the cartilage in my nose? I'm good with masks (my lil joyce gel and sleepweaver double act) but do find straps a pain in the butt (so to speak) so always looking for new gizmos.

    Willing to be a guinea pig for 20% disc, I'll even take a pink/leopard skin print (got my eyes closed when I use it...heh heh)

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Patsyw View Post
    Sparticus - `Torture device` ? If anything is a torture device to me, its having a piece of plastic pressed over my nose, cheeks and chin - it just makes me panic, sweat, have palpitations etc. I cannot bear anything touching the bridge of my nose. I do manage to get to sleep with a mask some nights but only if I consume a few glasses of wine.

    Patsy
    Its strange what we put up with, these nose devices just look so alien, I guess its what your use to. Im on my third quattro and I dont have a problem with it, then again Ive not tried anything else but with the cost of things how can we unless at a SATAday or some cpap show.

    Spart

    Leave a comment:


  • Patsyw
    replied
    Sparticus - `Torture device` ? If anything is a torture device to me, its having a piece of plastic pressed over my nose, cheeks and chin - it just makes me panic, sweat, have palpitations etc. I cannot bear anything touching the bridge of my nose. I do manage to get to sleep with a mask some nights but only if I consume a few glasses of wine.

    Patsy

    Leave a comment:


  • Sparticus
    replied
    Pulling teeth



    Im not sure about you but this looks like one of the worse masks (Non mask) going. Looks more like a torture devise? How some people can sleep with these things is beyond me. I have stuck with my quattro from day one and wouldnt change it for anything.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X