Itchy nose !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being facetious, honest.....

A lot of CPAP mask problems are common in scuba diving, too, and fire fighting when using a CABA.

When it itches, don't give it energy - don't think about it. In a place where you cannot remove the mask, you learn to live with the problem/itch. Now, I understand that in the middle of a fire or umpteen meters down there are lots of other things to think about - but surely we can come up with something in bed to think about other than an itch?

Who knows where the itch goes - biut it does!

Tigers Fan
    Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
    Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

Try a light abrasive washing cloth

Hi
      Only an idea but my wife uses a light abrasive washing cloth to clean her face and if you tried that before going to bed you may find that with the increased blood circulation that you get less itching / iritation.
      The cloth is a fluffy fabric in the shape of a ball about 125mm in diameter on a string - used for showering with liquid soap and available in all chemists.

Hope this may help - let us know how you get on - I think it may be worth a try as a low cost option.

You could also try the Resmed Liberty mask (less mask to iritate) and you can scratch your nose with the mask in place - thats what I use.

Anyway take care and cheers

TWW
      UK

Comment

For me, I think it’s phantom itching. You know, when you’re told not to touch your face, the urge is overwhelming. Do, the minute my nose is inaccessible, it starts to itch. It’s mind over matter.

Comment

Good Morning,

Would a hybrid full face mask help you at all? - https://www.intushealthcare.com/prod...al-cpap-masks/

These sit under your nose and cover your mouth rather than covering your nose and mouth like a full face mask does.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
          X