No announcement yet.

Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does take a while for you to catch up. Stick with it and let us know how you get on.
    Any problems just post them and we will see if we can advise.
    S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

I feel great!!! Two days in. The first night was a bit strange and uncomfortable but last night much better. I sleep on my side and the pillow pushes the mask.
      I have been given a Resmed S9 Escape and H5i heated humidifier. I have also been given the Mirage Quattro full face mask. Still getting to grips with the mask, getting a bit painful over the bridge of my nose. Any ideas how to stop this?

Down loaded the Sleepyhead software and had a quick look at my data. It is telling me that my AHI is 0.00 for both nights. Do you think this is correct or is it not reading properly?

Thanks for your help

Comment

0 is unlikely but not impossible. Early days, but as you feel great it is working for you so that is good.
        As for the bridge of your nose, this is a common problem. Try not to overtighten the straps, just tighten enough to stop a leak. Even if you have to make the last adjustment with the machine running.
        Some use micropore tape and I believe you can get pads to protect the bridge of the nose but I have never used them and as I no longer use a mask I will leave it to others to suggest others things that may help.
        Good to see You getting one with it so well at and early stage.
        Last edited by Sleep2Snore; 19 December 2012, 18:51. Reason: Typo
        S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Good news! I'd agree Sleep2Snore. When I first started I tended to over tighten the straps. You have to get them to the "just right" stage. Not too tight to be uncomfortable, but tight enough to stop leaks.

Comment

new starter

Hi Sean

Sounds like you have made a great start with CPAP and are already noticing the benefits of CPAP
            Having AHI in 40s sounds shocking, there are quite a few with significantly worse readings - the most severe I have come across was about 150 - so you are definetly not alone.
            In terms of the mask, the headgear straps across the top are only designed to hold it on your forehead, they should have little bearihng on the tightness on the bridge of the nose. The Quattro has a screwthread at the top which you can turn and wind in or out - this is what you should adjust to get the fitting on bridge of the nose correct.

Good luck

TB

Comment

Working...
            X