sleep eniscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep eniscope

now i;ve settles down being back got a question, whilst waiting for my cpap to be prescribed in late 2009, ent consultant done a sleep endiscope on me has anyone else had one??, dont know anyone else face to face where i live who has sleep apnea, i;m 36 years old, it involved taking me into theartre, putting me out as in under, like a operation, and from wot i can gather they looked at my airway look pictures, no operation of any kind took place, my AHI was 130 a hour, i was out for about a hour, when came around and back on ward was put on oxygen my sats dropped very low, not on oxygen normally ect

Jason

If you enter the OSA investigation route via an ENT, then sleep induced nasendoscopy isn't unusual. However, question marks remain whether induced sleep is the same a real sleep, perhaps the AHI isn't representative of real sleep.

But it does help in evaluating the cause of the obstructions as this can be different in different people. Endoscopy like that is often done to see where they can operate best.

An AHI of 130 (if it wasn't the total) is high.

Comment

thanks for replying James

i had sleep endiscope few weeks after ENT consultant told me i had sleep apnea, i was waiting for cpap ect, from sleep clinic, only when went in for cpap was told i HAD 130 AHI, THOUGHT OK IS THAT BAD!!! wellhe said it like me poking u, and waking u up every 20secs during night, do u technically are not getting any sleep at all really, he also said he had never seen anyone with a ahi as high, know now 30 ahi is servere, so well 130AHI LOT HIGHER

Jason

Comment

Working...
      X