AHI below 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHI below 1.0

Hi, I have been using my resumed Autoset EPR for around 8 years and I have only recently been noting my AHI readings in the morning. They are mainly below 1.0 and have never been above 2. Would this indicate that I could try sleeping without my machine? I have made some relevant lifestyle changes lately which may have made a difference. I do generally tolerate it will and only use nasal pillows so it’s not that uncomfortable. I get the machine checked every year by the NHS and they read the data card so I’m surprised they have never mentioned my low readings 🤔 advice appreciated. M

Hi Machineflyer,

Thank you for your post.

Your AHI score is exactly what you want to see when using a CPAP machine. The target AHI is to be 5 or below, so you should be pleased with how well your CPAP therapy is going. Your AHI does not indicate that you should stop using your CPAP machine and mask. It shows that your OSA is well under control when using it.

The only way to assess your Sleep Apnoea would be to have another sleep study conducted, either with the clinic or privately. Would you consider doing this?

Kelly

Comment

Hi Kelly, Tanks for your reply. It is definitely something I would like to consider. I have made some lifestyle changes that seem to be helping and I am having some exploratory surgery to help understand why my neck is so large. After that may be a good time to consider it.

Comment

Hi Machineflyer,

It is worth talking to your doctor about this after your exploratory surgery.

If you are interested in doing a sleep study, then we offer 2 different types if sleep study, which are quick, confidential and can be done in the comfort of your own home.

Here is a link to our website if you would like to know more - https://www.sleep-study.co.uk/

Kelly

Comment

It is the machine that is keeping your AHI below 1.
          Without it it would surely rise.
          I sometimes have very low readings, but it is the machine that is keeping it that way.
          A week without the machine and I would be like a Zombie!
          With the machine I can go 24 hours without the need for sleep, I am tired at the end of it, but without a machine I doubt I would last 4 hours.
          S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

If you have lost a lot of weight or feel a lot better, ask your doctor or Sleep Clinic.
            S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Working...
            X