Cpap - Rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpap - Rls

Well after a good few years of not breathing/sleeping, I now have a CPAP machine. It took about a month to get used to it, but I now sleep right through the night (not having to pee 4 times) and feel a lot better in the mornings.

Just about the time I got used to it, I got a severe pain in my leg, outer thigh as such for 2 nights, hurt like hell. It went away, but now I appear to have Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)

Within 30 seconds of laying down in bed, my leg starts tingling, it's like pins and needles, but on a leg that's been bitten or punched. It begins to hurt unless I move my leg around. The worst part is it just means it takes me ages to fall asleep (never a problem before) and I'm beginning to feel more like when I didn't have my CPAP. I like being able to sleep, can't go back to this!

Has anyone experienced the same thing? It literally has just been this last month. I can't even understand why it doesn't really happen when at my desk at work, but the minute I go horizontal in bed, boom, Itchy/pins&needles central.

I called the sleep guy I spoke to at the hospital, though the next appointment he has is for September - I can't wait that long...Help me cpap forum!

Why does everybody associate new symptoms with starting CPAP therapy? I guess because CPAP is such a mile-stone in our lives.

What I would do in your situation is to get advice from an expert in things medical and go see my GP.
    Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
    Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

I'm associating it because it happened just about the time I started sleeping properly and as its something else that affects sleep it seemed coincidental. Wanted to know if it's happened to someone else..

Comment

Working...
      X