help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

hi there about 2 months ago or more i went to the docs for my snoring my partner said i was stopping breathing during my sleep and a few times a woke up feeling short of breath so doc forwarded me to special clinic i then took a kit home with me and had to hand it back the next day then 6 weeks on a get a letter in saying i have to go back up to collect my kit for a cpap trial think it says a cpap titrator or along them lines does this mean i defo have sleep apnea ? i dont fall asleep during day can be tired but never fall asleep im not fat play football at least twice a week and do a fair bit of cycling so pretty fit although recently a keep getting niggly little feelings of feeling unwell could this be related? sorry for all the questions am going to the docs tomorrow hopefully he will have a few answers cheers in advance for any replys

Titrated CPAP is a technique to assess Sleep Apnoea and to determine the pressure needed if you have it/

The CPAP bit is the machine to supply the air pressure to provide therapy
    "Titrated" means the machine will monitor your breathing and adjust the CPAP pressure being delivered.

From what you have said it looks like they suspect you have Sleep Apnoea; this will confirm if you do, and determine the pressure you need to treat it if so.

Comment

cheers for reply cant say am looking forward to it ive always been a snorer is it possible to have it mild or does needing a machine mean its severe

Comment

Once they confirm you if have it with the CPAP you can look at the options. Rhynil spray, or nasal strips may sort it for you, as may an MAD (Mandibular Advancement Device; sits on your teeth and pulls your jaw foreward).

If CPAP is the solution, it isn't as scary as you think

Comment

Cheers suppose a will just have to see how it goes just strange a never fall asleep during day don't feel that tired but we will see

Comment

Originally posted by Fredxx View Post
            Once they confirm you if have it with the CPAP you can look at the options. Rhynil spray, or nasal strips may sort it for you, as may an MAD (Mandibular Advancement Device; sits on your teeth and pulls your jaw foreward).

If CPAP is the solution, it isn't as scary as you think

Try Use nasal strips and If CPAP is the solution Try use alternative cpap mask

Comment

Working...
            X