CPAP trial starts today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPAP trial starts today!

Been a snorer all me life. Well I would say I'm an Insomniac, but other say I'm a Snorer....

In 2011, I managed to get a couple of Sleep Studies. They showed constant disturbance & zero Stage 3 or 4 sleep, but also no drop in Oxygen levels. For that reason, they said I didn't have Sleep Apnoea.

I was sent down the ENT route & had Tonsils & Uvula removed late 2011. Best thing I ever did, best sleep I've ever had! Plus, acc to missus, my snoring disappeared. After about 18 months, it started to creep back though & is now as bad as ever. My sleep isn't great either.

Anyway, I've hired a CPAP from British Snoring Assoc for a week trial. Also a Nasal Aire 2 hose, which to me looks like the only one I might tolerate, as I'm a wriggler & have to sleep face down.

Looking forward to it!

1st night a struggle.

I was quite pleased with the Nasal Aire 2 mask. Certainly didn't feel too intrusive. Sticking the tubes up my nose immediately made me breathe easier, which made me think I should give dilators a go. The automatic air pressure felt good. All promising.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't get off. Even though it's pretty quiet, the Continuous airflow was annoying. I think I would much prefer an on-demand approach. Also, I felt the flow was a bit much.

I managed about 3 hours, then had to take it off. I recorded myself on a SnoreClock App from then & snored 50%

I'll have a proper look at the instructions today. See if I cab adjust settings.

Comment

I missed your post, don't know why?
      How did you get on?
      S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Originally posted by Snoring Insomniac View Post
        1st night a struggle.

I was quite pleased with the Nasal Aire 2 mask. Certainly didn't feel too intrusive. Sticking the tubes up my nose immediately made me breathe easier, which made me think I should give dilators a go. The automatic air pressure felt good. All promising.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't get off. Even though it's pretty quiet, the Continuous airflow was annoying. I think I would much prefer an on-demand approach. Also, I felt the flow was a bit much.

I managed about 3 hours, then had to take it off. I recorded myself on a SnoreClock App from then & snored 50%

I'll have a proper look at the instructions today. See if I cab adjust settings.
        Welcome back @snoringinsomniac

How did you get on? Me and Sleep2Snore are both curious to hear about your experience!

Comment

Working...
        X