Exhale problem with P10 pillow mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhale problem with P10 pillow mask

I was given a Resmed F30 face mask by my clinic (medium ) but have issues with the comfort of it
    They then sent me the N20 nasal pillow which although comfortable , I find it a difficult exhale and feel as if I am being inflated even with pressure turned down to 4 . The problem with this seems to be the lack of an exhale valve
    Is it possible to fit an inline exhale valve and if so where do I get one?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

Can I kindly ask if you breathe through your nose only? If so then you can use a nasal mask like the N20. Or do you breath through your nose and mouth (ie do you snore?? If so then you would need a full face mask like the F30.

We need to figure out if you have the right mask for how you breathe.

What CPAP machine do you have and can you see any exhalation relief setting on your machine?

Kelly

Comment

I seldom snore , I predominantly breath through my nose .

I found F30 uncomfortable as it gave me a dry throat even at full humidification setting . The mask pressed my face against my teeth uncomfortably but if I made it looser it leaked .

Do others have a problem with exhale on a N20??

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for your reply.

I like to always make sure customers have the right mask for how they breathe.

If you breathe through your nose only then the N20 nasal mask will work for you.

Do you get a good seal / any mask leaks with the mask?

Did you find any exhalation settings on your machine as this allows you to reduce the pressure when you breathe out, and may help you.

Kelly

Comment

I was not aware of any exhalation settings . Where will i find these ?

Comment

Good Morning ,

Please can you advise which CPAP machine you have and then I can help you find the exhalation settings.

Kelly

Comment

I have resmed Airsense 10

Comment

Hi,

If you have the Airsense10 CPAP machine them you need to look at the EPR (expiratory pressure relief) setting, This reduces air pressure when you exhale to make breathing easy

The ResMed AirSense 10 has four EPR settings: 0-3. At 0, pressure relief is turned off. At 3, air pressure is reduced by 3 cm H2O. For example, if a patient's CPAP is set to 10 cm H2O with an EPR of 3, the air pressure during exhale is lowered to 7 cm H2O.

Please have a look at your machine and see if you can see what setting it is on.

Kelly

Comment

I already had it set at 3 so already at max, but exhaling though the mesh screens is hard work. Could my mask be faulty??

Comment

Hi

Can you attach a photo of your mask so I can see? Alternatively you can email to me at contact@intushealthcare.com if that is easier.

How old is the mask?

Kelly

Comment

Brand new , only used once and not for very long . Can I correct the reference please it is the P10 pillow mask I was supplied with. (Sorry if this confuses the thread)

Pic attached .
                      As I exhale the airstream of exhaled air seems to be pulsing as if a valve is closing periodically
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,

The Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask (I have changed the title of the post for you) looks as it should. I would say it will take a little time to get used to using a new mask. You need to try it for at least 10-14 nights.

I would suggest popping it on without the machine being attached and see how you are whilst watching TV or reading for 20-30 minutes. Try this for a few days and then try with the mask on and the machine on whilst you are awake and see how you get on.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
                        X