Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resmed Airfit F20 Nose Leaks - Replacement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resmed Airfit F20 Nose Leaks - Replacement ?

Hi all,
    I've recently started on CPAP with an NHS issued Resmed Airfit F20. I've tightened the straps down pretty snugly, but i'm still getting a lot of issues with air leaks around my nose. Is there a replacement mask anyone would reccommend please ?
    Thanks, Pete

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your post.

Can I suggest you try the following with the mask you have, and if that does not help then we can help you look for an alternative mask.

1. Do you have the correct size for your face? Ie does the top of the cushion sit on the bridge of your nose, where if you wear glasses these would sit. And the bottom of the cushion sit in the dip in between your lower lip and chin?
    2. Have you watched a fitting video on youtube for your mask to ensure you are putting it on and adjusting it correctly to get a good fit / seal?
    3. How many nights have you tried the mask as it does take a little while to adjust to wearing and sleeping in a mask.
    4. With regards to the leak, is this at the start of CPAP therapy or does this happen in the middle of the night? If on the middle of the night this can be due to a person turning over in their sleep and knocking the seal of their mask on their pillow. If this happens just turn the machine off, adjust your mask and then turn the machine back on and settle back down to sleep/

Can you try the above and let me know the answers to my questions and then we can go from there.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
    X