Change of mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of mask

Hi, I've had my dream machine and full face mask for 3 weeks now. Does anyone know if I will be contacted by the sleep doctor/person to see if I'm getting on OK with it. I'm struggling to get more than 4 hours a night, quite often it's only 2 hours. My AHI was 75 at my sleep test, it's now down to 29, I know that's far from perfect but it's going in the right direction. I also weighed 16stone 10 at the start and I'm now 15s 12.Im 58 years old. Any help would be most appreciated, thanks

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

If you are new to CPAP therapy then it can take you a little while to adjust to using the equipment.

I would suggest creating an account on dreammapper.com website or app and connecting your machine so that you can view the data on the machine, if you have not done so already.

With the mask you have, do you get a good fit/seal with the mask on your face? Or do you get any leaks?

I would suggest watching a fitting video to ensure that you are putting on and adjusting the mask correctly to get a good seal.

Sometime if you move in your sleep or sleep on your side, then this can knock the mask and cause an air leak. This will increase the pressure on the CPAP machine as it will try to compensate for the leakage.

The fact that your AHI has gone down from 75 to 29 is great. This will improve further with time.

I would suggest seeing where you are after 1 months of use, and then running a summary report from the dreammapper website.

If you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance, then you can either reply to this post of email me at contact@intushealthcare.eu

Kelly

Comment

Working...
    X