No announcement yet.

Types of mask need different pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of mask need different pressure?

Hi there, I have just started this and am using a nasal pillow mask, I was wondering whether a nasal mask requires more pressure than the nasal pillow? In other words should I lower the max pressure (from 15) for the nasal pillow or try a nasal mask instead? Many thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

Can you advise if you have an auto CPAP machine or a fixed pressure. You should not need to change the pressure settings on either for a mask. It is about getting a good seal with your mask.

Some machines (such as the Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP machine) has a setting on called mask type, so you can change this settings depending up which mask type you are using. I would have a look at the instruction manual to see if your machine has such a feature.

Kelly

Comment

Thanks so much kelly, mine is auto. I did turn the max pressure down a bit and no longer wake up with sore nostrils, so I think that has helped. All the best, Buster

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for your reply.

With an auto CPAP machine you should not need to reduce the upper pressure setting, as this limits the machines capabilities to provide you with the required pressure as and when you need it. If the pressure is high, then this is normally due to an air leak, either in a connection between the machine and the mask, or with the mask seal itself.

Do you get a good seal with the mask you are using?

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X