Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claustrophobic Newbie

Hi guys

Have had my NHS Resmed AirSense machine for about a week now, but the nasal mask and straps and paraphenalia are making me anxious and claustrophobic. I am thinking of ordering a P10 or N30i as seem less intrusive... any advice/ experience gratefully received...

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

Can I kindly ask which mask you are currently using? The ResMed Airfit P10 masks one of the most minimal mask that are available. The pillows go into your nostril area, which gives a good seal, but does make some peoples nostrils sore. The ResMed Airfit N30i Nasal Mask sits under your nose, so it is more about the alignment with your nostrils.

I would say there is always an adjustment period when you start using the CPAP equipment for the first time. It will feel and sound different. The key is perseverance, and the right mask. I would give the mask you have abit more time to adjust to. I would suggest putting the mask on, without the machine for 30 minutes during the day or before you go to bed, to get use to wearing it, and then gradually increase the time. If you have any specific problems with the mask, then please email me at contact@intushealthcare.eu and we will help you with the issues you are experiencing.

Kelly

Comment

Thanks Kelly

currently using the Mirage FX.

Can you tell me if the P10 is compatible with the ResMed AirSense 10?

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for your response.

I would google a fitting video for the Mirage FX on youtube, and see if this helps you adjust the mask. I would give the mask at least 10-14 nights to see if you adjust to using it.

If not, then you can use any of the mask on our website with the Airsense10, including the Airfit P10 mask, as they are all cross compatible

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X