Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasal masks

Hi,

I'm not getting on with the full-face mask at all. It works okay if I'm lying on my side, however, I am disabled and have a tendency to get a bit of a sore hip so I can't sleep on my side every night. Unfortunately, when I lay on my back the F40 full-face mask moves up slightly and when my mouth opens it breaks the seal which means the air rushes out and wakes me up instantly. I bought one of those chin straps that did work for a couple of days, however, it has started to cause sore areas underneath my ears because my head is quite big and it is tight. The other factor is it is very uncomfortable wearing the mask and the chinstrap. So I'm back to square one. The only solution I can think of this to get a nasal mask. However, I don't know whether that will work if I open my mouth when I'm asleep. I'd appreciate some advice if possible

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

If you breathe through your nose only then you would need a nasal mask. If you breathe through your nose and mouth then you would need a full face mask.

You said your mask was an F40? Do you mean the ResMed Airfit F20 which covers your nose and mouth or ResMed Airfit F30 mask which sites under your nose and covers your mouth?

I would suggest watching a fitting video for the mask you have on youtube to ensure you are wearing and adjusting the mask correctly.

Have your checked the sizing guide for your mask to ensure you have the correct size for your face?

Have you tried any other full face masks?

Kelly

Comment

Working...
    X