Amara View Air Blast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amara View Air Blast?

Hello, recently diagnosed and given the Resmed Airsense 10 with the Airfit F20 mask, have used for just about a month.
    I dread going to bed, I struggle with the tightness of the mask and the marks on my face nearly all day and yet to have a nightís sleep without it waking me leaking air when itís ramped up.
    I have purchased with the Mask Insurance an Amara View mask and had it on last night.
    Is it supposed to blow cold air constantly through the small vent holes under the nose? I managed two hours before reverting to the F20 and finally getting to sleep.
    The mask seal did not leak just a constant jet through the small holes whilst on.
    My data for last night shows the seal adjusted 13 times with leakage up to 30 and mask on/off 6 times.
    Any advice please.

Hi Lyn,

Thank you for your post.

With regards to the masks I would suggest the following:

1. Check the size you have purchased is the correct size for your face. We have sizing guides for both masks on the "downloads" tab on each of the product pages. You just need to print them off at 100% and follow the instructions.
    Airfit F20 Mask - https://www.cpap.co.uk/resmed-airfit...406-63407.html
    Amara View Mask - https://www.cpap.co.uk/philips-respi...3-1090604.html

2. I would watch a fitting video for both, so check that you are putting on the mask correctly, and adjusting as per the instructions
    AirFit F20 CPAP Mask - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUEeP0nY_aY
    Amara View CPAP Mask - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngq_...ature=youtu.be

3. Put the mask on, and then adjust the mask whilst lying down as your face shape is different lying down, as to sitting up. Putting on the mask tightly to get a good seal is not necessarily the best way to achieve a good seal.

4. RemZzzs Mask Liners - https://www.cpap.co.uk/remzzzs-cpap-...sk-liners.html
    These are a soft cotton fabric liner creates a barrier, absorbs skin oils and reduces air leaks as well as skin irritation and pressure

Please be aware that there is always an adjustment period when you change any of your CPAP equipment, and we would ask you to persevere with the CPAP equipment. If you are struggling with both masks, and would like some help looking at an alternative mask, then please call us on 0800 024 8050 and our customer service team would be happy to walk you through the range of masks available.

Do you want to have a look at the above suggestions and links, and then let me know if you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance.

Kelly

Comment

Update!
      I wrote on this forum and phoned Eu-Pap where I bought the Amara mask with the mask insurance.
      I wasnít happy with the feedback as none of it explained why the air was pumping continuously.
      I phoned Phillips customer service and spoke with a very helpful lady who explained that the vents are for exhaled air along with surplus pumped air. This did not make any sense to me at all, whatí s the point of having a mask seal then the mask venting excess?
      I gave it a go last night, I increased the humidity from 4 to 6 to warm the air as it was really blowing cold out the previous night and adjusted the mask to seal lying down.
      It was far more comfortable although still blowing quite a lot and I did still toss and turn, not getting a full nightís sleep yet...
      No strap marks on my face this morning at all and the score this morning from Resmed is 99 with good mask seal all night....it does not make sense to me that itís doing itís job and venting pumped air constantly through it.
      So itís the Amara from now on.
      Interesting bit of info, the lady from Phillips told me that if I couldnít cope with the mask I could return it and they would refund the money. I explained that I had paid Mask Insurance of £14.99 just in case I had a problem, she told me that by law I could return the goods before 28 days...the same time as the ďInsuranceĒ states...it appears that Iíve paid £14.99 for something that is a statutory right!
      I hope this helps anyone else out there having the same issues.

Comment

Hi Lyn,

Thank you for your post.

With the Amara View CPAP mask the air pressure coming in to the mask will go down into your mouth and down your throat to keep the airway open. Any excess air and air you exhale will escape the mask through the vent holes at the top of the mask. The air will pump constantly when your CPAP machine is on the CPAP machine it to provide you with pressure so that your airway does not collapse/close. With an automatic CPAP machine the pressure will increase and decrease throughout the night as and when you require it, but only after you have fallen asleep.

I am sorry if you were not happy with the explanation the customer service team provided, they can only work on the information provided by the customer at the time of the call. We try our best to help explain the CPAP equipment, and help resolve any issues our customers may have, so please do call us in the future if we can be of any assistance.

I am pleased that the results on your CPAP machine are showing that your CPAP therapy is good, and that the mask is working well for you. There is always an adjustment period whenever you change your CPAP equipment. I will sound and fill different for a while, but we do ask our customer to preserve and see how they get on.

I can see you took the mask fit insurance out with the mask. This will allow you to try the mask out for 28 days and if it is unsuitable for whatever reason, then you can return it for a refund of the mask price. I would suggest using the mask for a few more nights and if you are still having problems, then please call us on 0800 024 8050.

Please note that the CPAP masks are a medical product, and therefore cannot be returned one opened. The mask fit insurance we offer is to allow you to try the mask for 28 days, and if it is unsuitable then you can return it. Philips themselves may offer returns but it is not a statutory right.

If you have any questions, or would like any assistance, then please call us on 0800 024 8050 or you can email me at contact@intushealthcare.eu

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X