Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S8 Escape II & FitLife full face mask

Hi all.
    I'm new to forums so just finding my way but I have a very important question to ask:

Does anyone know if I will be able to use a FitLife full face mask with my ResMed
    S8 Escape II machine, I'm desperate as I have tried all the masks that the Hospital supply and I cannot wear any of them.

Cheers.
    Tomahawk2

Anyone who can use a FitLife mask deserves a medal!

They will work with any machine.

TF
    Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
    Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

Why do you say that TF?

xoxoxox
      APAP: F & P Iconaax auto
      Masks: Resmed Swift FX, Sleep Weaver, Mirage Liberty and most other makes and models.

Comment

Thank you Tigers Fan but can you tell me the reason for you saying that if I can wear it I deserve a medal, have you worn one yourself.
        Tomahawk2

Comment

Most any review you read about the FitLife mentions the difficulty in stopping leaks at your forehead.

The top fastening is effectively is a band passing over your forehead, ending in a 'wing' at each side, to which the headgear attaches via the usual clips. Those 'wings' act like bow (as in bow and arrow) tensioners and cause a small lift at the centre of the mask top, at the centre of your forehead. Leakage occurs.

Now, it is possible - I've done it and so have others - to get just the right amount of headgear tension to make a seal, obviously without lifting at your forhead, but it is a very precise tension - literally blown if you turn and catch the mask on your pillow.

If getting a mask to seal is the number one mask problem, it follows that the larger the length to be sealed, the greater the risk of leakage. Add to that a poor design and ..........

TF
          Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
          Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

Indeed as mentioned, all modern masks pretty much fit all modern machines. Some machine manufacturers discourage using other manufacturers' masks by putting in preset pressure adjustments for their own masks only, but that's not to say another mask won't work or won't work well.

The FitLife total face CPAP mask is generally a last-resort mask and has its challenges, but can be a saviour. As with full face masks, the larger the seal surface, the more chance of sealing issues. Getting a perfect fit won't be issue but is certainly possible.

Let us know how you get on!

Comment

Hi James.
              I decided against buying the FitLife and the hospital is going to get me the ResMed Mirage Liberty full face mask that has nasal pillows so I hope it works well, don't know when I will get it but will let you know, also I have bought a SinuPulse Elite for washing the sinus passages out as I am not allowed any drug based nasal sprays and this machine uses a saline solution, so I'm hoping that helps with the mask, If I can breath through the nose better then I should think the cPAP will be more comfortable (I hope).

Better go to the warfarin clinic before I miss my appointment.
              Tomahawk2

Comment

I'm sure that like others, the SinuPulse will be a great CPAP facilitator for you. Let us know how it works for you.

Comment

Hi James.
                  The first night after I used the SinuPulse I slept a very sound sleep only waking up twice to go to the toilet and at the same time shifting the mask on the nose due to the bridge of the nose hurting but last night was not as good but was much better than average as I'm still having trouble with the Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask that I have been using for a long time now, I can't wait for the Hospital to get the Mirage Liberty for me and I'm praying it will work, my face must not be a standard shape haha.
                  Cheers mate.
                  Tamahawk2

Comment

Such a standard face doesn't exist unfortunately, and is exactly why CPAP masks aren't an easy story.

Comment

Working...
                    X