Sleep at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep at last

Hi, fellow hose heads Liz here. I'm just letting you know that after 1 month and with the use of Remzzz I've had 2 nights sleeping!!!
    I bought 6 Remzzz to try them out, found they improved the problem I was having with leakage, then bought some fabric for T-shirts to make my own (since £6 + for 6 seemed a bit steep). This cost £4.95 per metre.
    I'm glad to say this also is effective against leaks.
    I'm also back to using the face mask that doesn't have the forehead piece & also doesn't dig into the bridge of my nose so much. I still put a waterproof elastoplast over the bridge of my nose for protection, which seems to help. Anyone having trouble with the CPAP machine & mask, as I was, will hopefully find persisting with it will eventually pay off.
    At one point I was so low with this that in the middle of the night, fighting the mask, I began to think life wasn't worth living, but it did thankfully get better.
    Liz (Sleepless)

Well done, Liz!

Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
    Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

great work Liz

Hi Liz, sometimes when we think we have done all we can do--we figure out something new that works and finally get some sleep. What a great idea making your own mask liners out of tee shirt material. Saving yourself a bundle and they can be washed too. I think people would love having liners that are washable. You may end up with a new business. Good luck and glad you are getting some sleep at last. xx Berneta

Comment

Remzzz

Hi
        in reply to Bernetta - to make you own Remzzz from T shirt material. First I sent for 6 of the real thing, used one to find out how they work, then used one to make a template - drawing round it on cardboard & cutting out. I then went to a fabric shop with one of the Remzzzz to see if they had some fabric like that, bought 1 metre, went home to draw round the template on new fabric, cut out new homemade Remzzz. Hope thats some help to you
        Liz (sleepless)

Comment

Originally posted by sleepless View Post
          Hi, fellow hose heads Liz here. I'm just letting you know that after 1 month and with the use of Remzzz I've had 2 nights sleeping!!!
          I bought 6 Remzzz to try them out, found they improved the problem I was having with leakage, then bought some fabric for T-shirts to make my own (since £6 + for 6 seemed a bit steep). This cost £4.95 per metre.
          I'm glad to say this also is effective against leaks.
          I'm also back to using the face mask that doesn't have the forehead piece & also doesn't dig into the bridge of my nose so much. I still put a waterproof elastoplast over the bridge of my nose for protection, which seems to help. Anyone having trouble with the CPAP machine & mask, as I was, will hopefully find persisting with it will eventually pay off.
          At one point I was so low with this that in the middle of the night, fighting the mask, I began to think life wasn't worth living, but it did thankfully get better.
          Liz (Sleepless)
          Hi Liz
          I'm glad you're finally getting better sleep. I felt relief to know that its not just me that's feeling so upset and annoyed about the face mask. I've had 3 different one's to date and I can't seem to get on with any of them. The latest one is a full mask instead of the previous 2 that just covered the nose. I went home with hope at last. 2 weeks on I'd gone back to the nose mask (still terrible and so painful now matter how much I adjust and loosen), now for the last two nights the full mask, which I put on take about 10 minutes to get adjusted and then half way through the night it's like my face shrinks because suddenly it's leaking every where and nothing I do will stop it. Inevitably I end up discarding it and spending the rest of the night, jumping out of my sleep repeatedly, with my heart racing and gasping for breath. I've thought of trying to find out about nasal cannulae but I fear it would just make my nose more sore than it already is, might try the plaster see if helps (I'm dark skinned and already have scars on the bridge of my nose from my attempts to keep the mask in place)

Comment

Originally posted by LornaE View Post
            now for the last two nights the full mask, which I put on take about 10 minutes to get adjusted and then half way through the night it's like my face shrinks because suddenly it's leaking every where and nothing I do will stop it.
            I am sorry to hear that you are still having so many problems. Last night, for the first time, I had a similar experience. I think I must have turned over in my sleep and totally folded the thin 'skirt' of the full face mask in on itself. Nothing I did would stop the gale blowing through. I turned off the machine, took off the mask and, using a new Remzzz, put the mask back on and switched the machine on again. Peace reigned! It had started the ramp again and before it reached full pressure I was asleep ...... and no more gales! I guess I was just lucky but you have my sympathy and I hope that it settles down soon for you.

Anniett

Comment

Working...
            X