No announcement yet.

Distilled water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am noticing during this hot weather that I need the humidifier switched off when I first go to bed but if I wake up during the night then I switch it on.
    Rather than ice cubes I think I will fill up the water chamber, with filtered water, and keep it in the fridge for a few hours before using it.
    Resmed S9 Autoset
    Resmed H5i humidifier with Climateline
    Resmed Quatro Fx and F&P Forma masks

Comment

Originally posted by tonybrentwood View Post
      Hi all,
      I read recently on the Forum that it's getting difficult to get distilled water? I picked up a humidifier from the Hospital on Tuesday, and they gave me a letter for my doctor asking him to provide distilled water for the machine. He gave me a repeat prescription,and when I went to the pharmacy to collect it today I've got three BIG containers of 'purified water BP', each one is 5 litres!
      I was told by the Hospital that I only have to top the water up each night, not emptying and refilling, but the instructions on the water containers says to use 500 mls each night, which suggests to me that I have to empty it evry night and replace with fresh water. I'm having problems at the moment with using the humidifier, the air is warm when it comes out, and I feel I'm suffocating when using it. I feel much more able to handle my claustrophobic feelings when the air is nice and cold.Any suggestions anyone?
      Regards,
      Tony
      Hi Tony, Are you still having problems with your warm water in your cpap machine, did you know that when you turn the machine on you can turn the heat down " I have a PHILIPS DREAM STATION" so the know on the right will turn the heat down & off if required
      Hope that makes sense
      Philip

Comment

I use a Britax water filter to fill the humidifier. Works well for me. I believe the recommendation is to empty it every night and allow it to dry naturally. So that's what I've been doing and it keeps it nice and clean.

Daz

Comment

Hello,

Daz is correct, if you can not find distilled water at your local chemist or on line, we suggest using filtered water like from a Brita jug. It is also recommended to empty the water chamber every morning, to rinse it and let it air dry. The water chamber might need to be changed after 6 months. Please refer to the user manual and in case of doubt, please contact who you bought it from or the manufacturer.

Tony is also correct as you can adjust the DreamStation humidifier setting. Normally Philips recommend to set it up at 3 on the fixed setting.

Giny

Comment

Working...
          X