Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips Dreamstation 2 - Humidifier Not Working

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post!

I've recently been given a Philips Dreamstation 2 CPAP to replace my old Philips System One Remstar CPAP which was giving up on me.

The new Dreamstation was drying my mouth/throat and noticed the heat pad wasn't getting warm or the water evaporating. I tried rebooting it several times with no luck. The CPAP was supplied by the NHS so they agreed to swap it for another new one after just one week. The new CPAP is exactly the same!! I've turned the humidifier settings to max (5) and the water isn't even slightly warm and the water level isn't going down after using it all night.

Unfortunately, because this is a NHS machine it's menu system is all locked down and they change settings remotely via the modem. They've advised it's showing their end that the humidifier is working (well it's not is it?).

Has anyone got any ideas how to get the heat pad to work? I've looked on the Philips website and the reviews of this machine are terrible!

Thanks

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your post.

I would suggest google Dreamstation 2 humidifier settings as they will either be a manual or video on link to help you.

Or call Philips customer services on 0800 1300 845.

Kelly

Comment

Thanks for the reply Kelly. Unfortunately the settings have been disabled by the NHS, presumably to stop people fiddling with them! I'll give Philips a call.

Comment

Good Morning

To enable the settings you would need to access the clinicians area on the machine, which should only be done by your hospital or Philips. This is to stop CPAP users changing their pressure settings etc on their own.

Hopefully Philips will be able to help you.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X