Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamstation Safety Issue (Unconfirmed for UK market)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This does wind me up. Why should Philip get approval? Just send the customers the MHRA statement.
    I see I wasn’t completely clear. No doubt Philips has some term about how it’s “represented” in comms in the contract needed to become a distributor. So to me, this looks to be caused by 1 of 2 things. Philips are either misusing its influence/contract terms to bully distributors into “Philips message” or they haven’t told distributors that they can contact their customers without the need for Philips approval. Especially if the message comes from the regulator, Philips shouldn’t expect/require an input into distributors echoing the regulators notice. That’s why I’m irritated by Philips.

I mean it’s not the biggest deal considering MHRA’s current advice to continue using the machines, but for Philips to cause a 3 week delay seems completely unnecessary.

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

I can advise Philips is not misusing their influence to bully distributors and that have not told us not to contact customer. They are out supplier and we had to ensure that the correspondence that we sent out to our customers was correct and had the right information to allow our customers to register their devices for repair/replacement.

This is exception circumstances, so both Philips and Intus are doing everything they can to help their customers, as we do not want anyone to be without their CPAP machines longer than they have to be.

Kelly

Comment

we had to ensure that the correspondence that we sent out to our customers was correct and had the right information to allow our customers to register their devices for repair/replacement.
        That’s a fair comment. I’ve seen too many rush in panic over this issue and have misunderstood details or have failed to put them into the correct perspective. This has resulted in many ceasing their PAP therapy completely out of fear and panic when the majority of people are better served by continuing until repaired/replaced, even if they only have access to an affect machine.

And in case someone takes my post the wrong way…

For the record: Everyone should speak to their clinician before taking action. They know your circumstances and medical history and are able to help you decide whether it is safe for you to continue or not. Nobody should advise you to stop therapy unless a proper risk assessment demonstrates it is necessary for you to do so.

You also should never assume you’re completely safe. A field safety notice has been issued, so you need to see your clinician. You don’t need to you ozone for your foam to degrade so it impacts all of us.

Comment

Working...
        X