Ahi/mask efficiency readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahi/mask efficiency readings

I was diagnosed with severe sleep apneoa a couple of years ago and the NHS provided me with a Philips Dreamstation and a Simplus full face mask to use.

Generally I have coped quiet well with using them an normally manage to get between 7 to 8 hours sleep a night with the mask on , but as a side sleeper using a high pressure of 17, I also have a fair amount of mask leakage which at certain periods can significantly interfer with my sleep

My AHI readings remain consistently good though ,at below 0.5 for 99% of the time and never above 1.

However my mask efficiency readings swing all over the place and seem to have little correlation to my AHI reading on any given night.

For example, last night I slept for 8 hours solid, but my mask efficiency reading was only 60%. Yet my AHI reading was 0.....surely one of these readings must be wrong.?

I guess my concern is whether my AHI readings, which look good, are truly accurate given my mask effeciency stats which only average at about 85% over a 30 day period.

Has anyone else had reason to question the readings on this CPAP machine?

Also if any sides sleepers have found a mask which significantly reduces leakage when using higher pressure could they let me know.

Thanks to All

Robert

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your post.

Can I kindly ask if you have created an account on the dreammapper.com website or app and linked your machine so you can view your data?
    Here is the link if you have not created an account- https://www.usa.philips.com/c-e/hs/s...eammapper.html

You can then create a summary report from the account and either email it to your hospital or to us at contact@intushealthcare.com to have a look for you.

If you are concerned about the accuracy of the data stored on your CPAP machine then please talk to your hospital or Philips directly on 0800 1300 845.

The target AHI with a CPAP machine is 5 or under, so you should be really pleased with your results.

I would check the mask type settings on your machine to check that they are correct for the mask you are using. Check all your connections are firm and that there is no holes or damage to your CPAP tube or mask.

Can I ask how old the mask is, and whether is you feel it is still as affective as when you first had it?

Some side sleepers try hybrid masks - https://www.cpap.co.uk/shop/cpap-mas...ral-masks.html or a CPAP Pillow 2.0 - https://www.cpap.co.uk/cpap-pillow-2-0.html

Do you want to have a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Kelly

Comment

Hi Kelly

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't aware that I could link to the app you mentioned on a machine provided and serviced by the NHS, but if I can I certainly will as to date I have only been able to discuss my stats over the phone with my hospital consultant.

I change my mask and tubing about every three months because, as you say, they do loosen up over time. I also try to keep them in good order. I have just checked the connections and there are no leaks in them, so I am pretty certain it's just regular mask leakage that is showing up on my data.

I will also check the mask settings as you suggest if I can get access,..Unfortunately.I am denied access to some settings on the machine as I don't think the NHS want me messing with my pressure settings!!

I'll have a look at the hybrid masks you have sent the link for too ,perhaps they might work better for me.

Thanks for you response

Robert

Comment

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your reply.

I would create an account on the dreammapper.com website or app. The account records from the 1st night of using the machine when linked to the account, however you can upload data from the SD card in the machine,

I would try this first and see what the figures say.

Here are the details for the dreammapper software support team if you need any help.
        <dreammapper.support.uk@philips.com>
        0800 1300 852

Please do let me know if you have any questions, or if we can be of any further assistance.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X