Can I get a CPAP/APAP privately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a CPAP/APAP privately?

I have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea and I'm on the waiting list for a CPAP machine (I had an appointment to collect it on 5th April but it was cancelled due to Covid-19...now nobody can tell me how long I may have to wait). Can I buy one privately? What information would I need? I'm in the UK. Thanks in advance

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

In order to purchase a CPAP machine you would need to be able to provide something in writing from a doctor or sleep test, that states your diagnosis for sleep apnoea, and that you are suitable for a CPAP machine. Do you have such a document?

If so, then you can purchase a CPAP machine and mask from here - https://www.cpap.co.uk/shop.html

Should you need any help looking at the CPAP equipment, then please email us at contact@intushealthcare.eu or call us on 0800 024 8050 and we would be happy to walk you through the products.

If you have questions, then please do let me know.

Kelly

Comment

I’m in the same position as K40LHD. I was given my diagnosis of sleep apnoea in March and was due to get my CPAP machine on 27th April. I’m also not allowed to drive until established on the treatment, so the cancellation was a double whammy.

If a machine is purchased privately, does this have any effect on your NHS appointments etc?

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

I would firstly suggest trying to contacts the hospital to see if/when they will re open to provide CPAP equipment, as this would then help you decide whether to purchase a CPAP machine or wait. You could also ask then what machines they provide you with, so you could purchase the same machine, so this would make no difference when you went to your follow up appointments

If you purchase a CPAP machine from us, then this will not have any effect on the NHS appointments. You can still go and get a machine from the NHS if you want to.

Some customers get a main machine from the NHS, and then purchase a travel CPAP machine from us. The decision is yours.

If you have any questions, or need any help with looking at the CPAP equipment, then please do let me know.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X