Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to clean the tubings?

Hi all,

I've had CPAP treatment for many years. But its not until I started to use a humidifer that I've really had to pick up my cleaning regime. I've been reading up on the routines people do with cleaning masks, headgear, tubings and filters. A lot of useful information. But I've noticed a lot of information online is based from people in the US, and when it comes to products they recommend its usually a brand we don't have here in the UK.

So I was wondering what products people use for the tube washing? I know some people recommend soapy water, so what type of soap do they use? Others recommend a washing up liquid, what brand of product? Or is there a special pre-made solution I can buy?

Any help form the people on here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello, The mask need to be cleaned every morning and mild soapy water is suitable. Some others prefer wipes: https://www.cpap.co.uk/catalogsearch...m=antispam_684. The tube and headgear need to be cleaned at least once a week also in mild soapy water and let dry, hanging in the shower. All needs to dry but not directly in the sun. The regular cleaning helps you to check your equipment regularly and to see any signs of wear and tear. There is also a device called SoClean 2 CPAP sanitiser: https://www.cpap.co.uk/soclean-2-cpa...sanitiser.html
    SoClean kills 99.9% of CPAP germs and bacteria in your mask, hose and reservoir with no disassembly, no water, and no chemicals. It's the safer, healthier way to breathe cleaner.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need any further information.

Giny

Comment

Thank you. I'm going to look in to getting a SoClean.

Thanks for the information in your post

Comment

Hi,

You are more than welcome.

Giny

Comment

Working...
        X