Fault: Service Required - Loaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault: Service Required - Loaner?

I have a 5 month old System One REMstar Auto CPAP System with Humidifier. The last few nights, I have been awoken with a beeping sound, the unit has stopped blowing. I start breathing deeply and the machine starts blowing again and I go back to sleep - I have Auto on switched on.

Last night, the unit beeped 4 times displaying Service Required. I checked the manual and it suggested removing the power cable, re-inserting and continuing therapy. The blower started again and I was fine for the rest of the night.

5 months ago I had an AHI of 83 with apnoeas of up to 57 seconds long. Now I'm down to an AHI of 2.3 with APAP.

I am really worried about sending the machine back to Intus for repair as I purchased the device privately. However, I have since registered with my local NHS sleep clinic in Newport at the Gwent.

Does anyone have experience of getting a loaner from their NHS clinic if they bought the machine privately.

I guess this is a serious downside of buying privately.

I have never done that but I am sure if you give them a call and explain they will be helpful. It is quite important that you continue otherwise you won't be compliant anymore and will need to inform DVLA all over again.

Good luck
    Lorraine
    APAP: F & P Iconaax auto
    Masks: Resmed Swift FX, Sleep Weaver, Mirage Liberty and most other makes and models.

Comment

Quick solution: buy a "cheap", basic machine to use as a stand-by and travel machine. I find an Apex does well for this.

Longer term solution: go through the process with NHS and get a machine for permanent use from them.

Middle Road solution: hire a machine for the duration of repairs to your own.

Possible/Improbable solution: borrow one from the NHS.

TF

PS When I think about it, Respironics offered a loaner while they repaired my 'M' Series APAP. You are still within warranty.
      Last edited by Tigers Fan; 15 January 2012, 18:03.
      Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
      Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

Comment

Just a quick note, I downloaded the user guide and it suggested unplugging the unit from the mains, waiting a short while then plugging it back in again.

I did this and the fault hasn't come back *yet*.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
        X