Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Struggling :(

    not having much luck at the moment since going over to a full face mask

    Plus i've got a cold as well which is a nightmare from what i've read

    The problems i've are with the above:
    • Really dry mouth
    • I'm snoring very loudlly
    • i wake up like I used to go pee
    • I'm not stopping breathing according to my partner which is good
    • i'm getting annoying air leaks but they only seem to go away if I have the mask straps on tight which does hurt when i wake up again.


    With the cold thing I've put a cotton wool ball and put some olbas oil on it at the mack of my S8-II where the filter is which seems to be helping.

    I watched a video guide from remstar about my mask about fitting which seems fine but when i lie down I get a problems

    Overall life was a bit better with the nasal mask BUT I don't know what it would be like with a cold but i wasn't getting dry mouth which is my main complaint

    If anyone can give me some advice that would be great!!
    CPAP: ResMed S8 Escape II Setting: 11cm H2O
    Humidifier: ResMed H4i Mask: Resmed Mirage Quattro

  • #2
    Not a good time

    Hi MrJones

    Your cold makes now a time to survive rather than assess a new mask, methinks! I take it yours is a mancold so you deserve a big R from us all.

    A cold (not for ages, cross fingers and keep using SinuPulse) always used to bung up my nose so mouth breathing was an inevitability and dry mouth neccessarily followed. If you survive the cold, dry mouth will lessen, I reckon.

    I would not be at all surprised if the snoring isn't a result of over-tightened mask straps. Test: when you put on your mask, can you feel your jaw being pushed backwards towards/into your throat. That will cause snoring.

    There is almost no point at all in adjusting a full face mask when you are in any position other than the one in which you sleep. Lay down and without using the straps, switch on your machine and hold the mask to your face. Find the most comfortable, leak free seating and hold it there while your face gets used to the feeling. Now, use very loose straps, hold the mask in that comfortable position and gradually tighten straps till you duplicate the feeling on your face - and let go. I find wiggling my nose helps achieve a seal where a small leak existed.

    TF
    Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
    Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks TF

      Nah its not ManFlu/Cold
      Just a lame cold with the added asthma problems I get when I get ill!

      I'll try all those things you've suggested tonight!

      I did ring my sleep lab and the lady was going to give me a humidifier but they didnt have one in stock so she said I should stop using the machine until the cold is over!
      I'm not that keen to do that just yet as I can't go back to being sleepy at work!
      CPAP: ResMed S8 Escape II Setting: 11cm H2O
      Humidifier: ResMed H4i Mask: Resmed Mirage Quattro

      Comment


      • #4
        ok so last night was a bit better although at one point I had brainfade!

        woke up a couple of times and at one point i did notice the snoring.
        One time when i woke up i went to the toilet came back and put the mask back on but forgot to turn the machine on!

        I'm still getting very subtle air leaks so I might get some of those RemZZZ'ssss things from James.

        How long do they last?
        can you just wash them and reuse them too?

        also i was wondering if these are so good why haven't the mask manufacturers opted for a similar approach instead of using the silicon?
        CPAP: ResMed S8 Escape II Setting: 11cm H2O
        Humidifier: ResMed H4i Mask: Resmed Mirage Quattro

        Comment


        • #5
          All in good time

          Hi MrJones

          Rather than counting 're-use' in terms of nights, I think you have to count in terms of how many times you put your mask on with the same RemZzzs.

          Wash them? I suspect they'd disintegrate and if they didn't they'd be beyond use through distortion - not that I've ever tried washing one, I have to say.

          You'll see they are not a substitute for the silicon. They act more like jointing between two flanges - the silicon and your face. They give me a major step up in quality of sleep.

          TF
          Respironics REMstar 'M' Series APAP.
          Resmed Mirage 'Quattro FX' Full Face Mask with a 'Quattro' headgear.

          Comment

          Working...
          X