Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirMini - Universal CPAP Mask Adaptor

Please advise!
    I have a problem with my Resmed AirMini. I want to connect other any mask instead the dedicated mask, all adaptors that I found are bypassing the AirMini humidifier.
    Lately, I found in eBay an Universal CPAP Mask Adaptor that I can connect directly to the AirMini humidifier.
    Is someone familiar to this Universal CPAP Mask Adaptor and recommend it?

Hello,

HumidX and HumidX Plus are only compatible with AirFit™ N20 and AirFit P10 for AirMini. Sorry but I do not know which Universal CPAP Mask Adaptor you are referring to.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Giny

Comment

Giny, you can find it at www.maskpap.com

Comment

Adaptor.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The ResMed Airmini is designed to be used with specific ResMed masks only, so I do not think there is an adapter available that would allow you to use another manufacturers mask with it.

Here is the contact details for ResMed, as it might be worth having a quick chat with them -https://osahub.resmed.com/about/contact/

Kelly

Comment

According to my tests, it works the same as the Air Mini specific mask, but with some loosens humidity.
            The big advantage of the normal vent mask is the ability to exhaust the CO2 from the lung but at the same time you loose some humidity as you lose it at the other CPAP with water tank humidity. So I did an experiment used a medical adhesive tape to cover part of the vent holes gradually, but at the end preferred not to cover at all as it gives me satisfied result in my case. It is causing me to lose in the application about 3 points score at 10.0 cmH2O pressure. This doesn't affect me at all and my sleep is excellent as you can see in the attached results.
            I don't expect anyone to approve how I feel, it's a personal feeling you can agree with me or not. I'm providing the information that I think can help users not companies.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, We would not recommend covering the vent holes of your mask as they help you for exhalation. Moreover, if there is a power cut during the night, the same vents will allow you to still be able to breathe through your mask.

Giny

Comment

Originally posted by Giny @ Intus View Post
                Hello, We would not recommend covering the vent holes of your mask as they help you for exhalation. Moreover, if there is a power cut during the night, the same vents will allow you to still be able to breathe through your mask.

Giny
                I fully agree with you, I just wonder why the mask that comes with the AirMini is without vent? This scares me, what will be if there is a power cut during the night. I use my ventilated mask and have a good night's sleep. Very content with the Maskpap adapter.
                Right now, I see a reduction in price for a limited time, I paid full price for this Maskpap, no regret

Comment

I just got a coupon to use at www.maskpap.com for a device that allows me to connect my favorite mask directly to the humidity of my Air Mini (Resmed) cpap. I don't know the validity of this coupon and if everybody can use it, cpap24 - I already placed an order, you may try.

Comment

Working...
                  X