Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long haul flight with cpap

Hi there,

I use a Resmed Air Sense 10 cpap without the humidifier. I am heading to japan in October and don’t want to risk sleeping on the flight without it as I never feel rested and don’t want to disturb other passengers with my snoring.

Is there anywhere that rents the battery packs out which would go with my machine rather than having to buy one? Resmed make one for sale but it’s very expensive. My Nhs nurse wasn’t sure and suggested I ask on this site.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

We do not rent or load CPAP batteries, but we do sell them.

The Tracer 12v Compact CPAP Battery pack will work with your CPAP machine, and is allows on the airplanes. Here is a link to the product page - https://www.cpap.co.uk/tracer-compac...tery-pack.html

Please can I ask you to look at the following sections on the product page
    1. Included in your Tracer Battery - this shows you what comes with the battery pack.
    2. Estimated running times - this shows you a rough guide to how long the battery will last for your machine and pressure requirements.
    3. Which 12v DC cable do I need? You need a 12v dc cable to connect the battery to your CPAP machine, which as you have a ResMed machine you can only purchase from ResMed direct.

Please note that the compact 1.65A Charger will charge your battery in 8-12 hours. However there is an option of a fast charger available which can charge your battery in 4-6 hours - https://www.cpap.co.uk/tracer-cpap-b...-chargers.html

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, then please do let us know.

Kelly

Comment

Hi Kell, thanks so much for your helpful reply. I found a company online that does rental at fairly good prices. They recommend the Pilot 24 lite which they say includes the cable for the airsense 10. I know it's a big ask but may I ask if you know enough to say if that sounds ok if not. I have absolutely no idea. Thanks in advance.

Comment

*Kelly.

Comment

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

I have to say that I have not heard or or used the Pilot 24 lite, so I cannot comment on it. The only 2 points I would raised would be
          1. Ensure that this does work with your machine, and not do nay damage, as this can invalidate the warranty.
          2. Test the equipment at home for a couple of nights so that you know how it works, and how long the battery last for you.

Please let me know how you get on with the Pilot 23 Lite.

Kelly

Comment

Go for it, it is 24vDC out and can be charged by the power supply for the ResMed. NOTE: They are only for the newer ResMed 10 machines and not the older ones. You also get 5vDC out for a phone, but you won't be using it on a plane anyway. It might not run all night, so wait until you are ready to sleep. The higher the pressure your machine runs at the more power it will need to draw. Make sure it is fully charged and ask the airline for permission to use it while flying. Some airlines (though very few) will arrange for a cpap power point via a cable, you usually need to be near the galley. Shame most airlines don't do this, the Russian airlines are good for this, but others!!!.
            S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Working...
            X