Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ResMed H5i Humidifier Cleaning

HI all,

What is the best way to clean the ResMed H5i Humidifier water tub? I have the tub that is separated in to three/four sections.

All I do is daily rinse under warm water and left to dry. The Tub is only a few Months old but looks so chalky around the edges. I only use bottled water (not distilled).

Any hints and tips would be most welcome.

Thank-you.

Hi Wesley949,

Thank you for your post.

We would recommend emptying the water chamber, and clean the water chamber daily with soap and water. Then leave it to dry, which you are already doing.

The manufacturer’s suggest using distilled or filtered water in your humidifier when in use, which again you are doing.

You could try soaking your water chamber in water and white vinegar for 15-30 minutes once a week (1 part water and 3 parts water). Then rinse off the water chamber and allow to dry.

Alternatively have you looked at the SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaner and Sanitiser, as this kills 99.9% of CPAP germs and bacteria in the mask, hose and reservoir with no water, no chemicals and no disassembly needed.

Do you want to try the water and white vinegar suggestion and let us know how you get on?

Kelly

Comment

Hello ma'am, thank-you kindly for your reply and advice.

I do wash out the tub/chamber but only with water...I've never used the soap aspect. Will Dove soap work or is that too potent? Or cheap washing-up liquid?

I knew a Vinegar idea would pop up....as I hate Vinegar as I cannot handle the smell.

With regards to that Sanitiser...I will look in to that ASAP as that does sound like a good thing to have.

Thank-you again.

Comment

Hi Wesley949,

Thank you for your reply. I would use mild detergent such as washing up liquid to clean your humidifier water chamber daily with warm water. Please just ensure that you rinse well afterwards.

The vinegar suggestions was an options. However if the smell puts you off, then I would suggest looking at the SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaner and Sanitiser. We would be interest to hear your thoughts on this product.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X