Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, sleep apnea. cpap machines. Has anyone experienced fluid build up in

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi, sleep apnea. cpap machines. Has anyone experienced fluid build up in

    lungs using humidifier?? Using a full face mask with a resmed "spirit" auto cpap with humidifier (built-in). I find that I am sleeping on my left side. I stopped using the machine about 12 months ago. I have very recently became extremely short of breath. X-ray has shown that I have a build-up of fluid,with partial lung collapse and consolidation. Fluid was extimated at approx 2 litres (2/3 of lung capacity.) two attempts to drain the lung via needle in my back resulted in 800ml. then 170ml. I was then referred to a specialist who will use an exploratory instrument to look into my lungs then attempt to drain the remaining liquid. This is to happen next thursday, 4thy October, 07. The first attempts were done "blind" The next will be done with ultrasound assistance. Done one day stay overnight for observation. Has anyone had or heard of the build up of fluid, possible from the humidifier, in conjunction with cpap machines. Doctors are totally non committal at this point.Iam a fairly big fellow, 106Kg. 70 year

  • #2
    That sounds scary! 2 Litres, wow, that's a lot. I've never heard that before from any CPAP user so I wonder whether there's any direct relation. Even with a humidifier, water still should not end up in the lungs. Would be great ot hear what caused it once you find out.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ouch, two thirds of your lungs full of water! That must mean an even bigger drop in oxygen levels as the lung surface and air quantity was so much more reduced by the water. You must have been feeling well ill! Did they work it out in the end?

      Comment

      Working...
      X