AHI readings out of control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHI readings out of control?

My AHI readings have increased, for a week or so now, from under 5 to about 25.
    It may have been a slow increase over the previous 2 weeks, this period being the last time I checked the readings; and found them to be under 5.
    These results were using a RESMED AIRSENSE 10 AUTOSET.
    For 2 of the seven nights I switched machines to use a BMC Resmart G2 which produced similar results.
    I have tried a Pillow mask, a full facial mask and a mask in conjunction with a Mandibular Advancement Advice (now failing due to permanent jaw advancement over 10 years). Have just acquired the full facial mask hence am not used to it.
    Have reset the RESMED to factory condition to compensate for any changes made by me. Still reading about 25.
    This suggests that it is not the machinery but me that is the cause.
    My medication and state of mind (poor) has not altered.
    The NHS department who supplied the RESMED have no suggestions though they say 25 AHI is nothing to worry about till it is safe to see me after the Covid lockdown.
    Any ideas? Please?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

Can you advise if the Airsense10 auto CPAP machine is set with a lower pressure of 4.0cmh20 and an upper pressure of 20.0cmh20. Do you have a ramp enabled, and if so for how long?

The type of mask you use is purely down to how you breathe. If you breathe through your nose only, then you can use a nasal mask. If you breathe through your nose and mouth (ie if you snore) then you would need a fill face mask.

The key thing with a mask is to get a good fit, ie ensure you check the sizing guide to ensure you have the right size mask for your face. Do you know which mask you are currently using? I would also suggest watching a fitting video for your mask on youtube to ensure you are putting it on and adjusting it correctly.

Have you created an account on the ResMed MyAir website/app and linked your CPAP machine to be able to review your CPAP therapy data? If so, are you able to create an report and email it to me at contact@intushealthcare.eu to be able to look at and see what is going on. If not, I would suggest doing this.

Alternatively once you have used the full face mask for at least 10-14 nights, then email me the date.

Generally most issues are with the mask that people use, and by looking at the data we can normally see what the issue is.

If you have any questions, then please do let me know.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
    X