X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: 3 Year Olds - Obese & OSA

In the Independent today:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...er-830218.html

Steve Ryan, medical director of Alder Hey Children's Hospital in Liverpool, said that "significant numbers" of children as young as two and three are now classed as obese; they've even started to suffer from adult breathing disorders, such as sleep apnoea.

Overweight parents bring up overweight children, and there's nothing funny about three-year-olds who are so fat they can't breathe.
    That's not pleasant news to read, is it? How do you think this treand can be stopped or slowed down at least?

Education, Education - Knowledge & Reward Control

Hi James

Excellent thread - very worrying trend but as ever it comes down to education and a clear understanding of a parents responsibilities.

You know how hard it has been just to bring your average GP up to date on OSA and its numerous links to other health issues - HBP; diabetics; breathing problems; weight control etc etc.

If the national papers covered this in clear simple terms the message could be heard by the public in general - those that do not have easy access to computers / internet etc

It could also be covered on childrens TV on programmes like News Round!

With serious cases a reward for good control of eating habits to both parents and children alike could be a partial answer. (i.e. weight loss rewarded with a trip out to a theme park / other events).

Anyway enough of me - what does everyone else think?
    James you could make this a sticky thread to get more people viewing?

Cheers

TWW
    UK

Comment

chippies and mcdonals if why they is fat ,
      we have a diet lady majorie she can help

Comment

Yes I have seen Little Britain.
        DeVilbiss Sleep Cube DV54 Auto
        Sleepweaver

Comment

Working...