Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid for OSA assessment - what next?

Hi

I've had major problems with tiredness, concentration and low mood for the last couple of years. My GP was less than helpful, even before Covid-19 started. I have just paid for a sleep assessment and I have an AHI of 48.9. I understand that to be a severe condition. I am not confident that I am going to be referred to a sleep clinic in the near future. Can I buy or rent the equipment and get started myself or do I have to just sit and wait?

Thanks

Mike

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your post.

If you have something in writing stating your diagnosis for sleep apnoea, and that you are suitable for a CPAP machine, then this is sufficient enough for you to purchase an auto CPAP machine.

If you would like us to send you some information to help get you started with looking at the CPAP equipment, then please email us at contact@intushealthcare.eu

Kelly

Comment

If you get a machine privately get a ResMed Autosense10.
      If you just can't budget for one, you will have to discuss it with your doctor or look up SecondWind if a second hand machine will keep you going for now.
      It can always be a spare if you have to get one off the NHS. If you want it to be quick and you have the money, you can get one from here.
      Other companies are also available. i have to say that just so as I am not seen to be bias.
      Some NHS clinics will accept a private diagnoses, but if you got it done privately, why are they not supplying you with a machine if you need one?
      S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Working...
      X