Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stevev999
    replied
    Hi, I received a CPAP machine via the NHS free rental scheme after being diagnosed with severe OSAS a couple of months ago. This would have been within the Covid-19 lockdown time also but certainly down here in Kent, they treated it seriously enough to offer me an appointment. The delay will probably be in getting it diagnosed now although you wouldn't need a face to face with your GP to make that happen, he/she will simply refer you to the local sleep clinic who can send you out a home testing kit.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly @ Intus
    replied
    Hi James,

Thank you for your email.

If you have any concerns or questions, then please do talk to your GP.

Should you feel that you suffer from sleep apnoea, then we would recommend you get tested, either with the NHS or with our In Home Sleep Test Service.

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, then please do let me know.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• jimflindt25
    replied
    Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the reply. A couple of weeks ago I started getting to the point where I would be about to go to sleep and as I was nodding off I'd be jolted awake like I wasn't getting enough oxygen.

Some people have said it may be anxiety, as that can force you awake as well apparently.

As you said the NHS are slow about a very potentially life threatening illness as my Dr has suggested a Nasel spray for a month??

I might end up getting one from you if that's ok. Just need to see about funding.

Thanks again

James

Leave a comment:

• Kelly @ Intus
    replied
    Good Morning,

Thank you for your post.

Our In Home Sleep test does test for Obstructive sleep apnoea and for Central Sleep Apnoea. However it does not test for anxiety, just for sleep apnoea.

Once you have done the sleep test, our NHS trained sleep technicians with over 5 years experience then review the data from your test, and provide a report with your results.

Are you concerned that you will not sleep enough during the test night?

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• jimflindt25
    replied
    Hello Kelly,

Just had a look at the machine, does it test for central sleep apnea and how does it differentiate from anxiety and SA? Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Kelly @ Intus
    replied
    Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

If you are tested on the NHS for sleep apnoea, then depending upon the results you may be eligible for free CPAP equipment. However I would ask how long this process will take.

Alternatively, you can do one of our In Home Sleep tests that we offer - https://www.sleeptest.co.uk/product/in-home-sleep-test/

Our In Home Sleep Test is quick, confidential and can be done in the comfort of your own home. We aim to have the results to you in 2 weeks.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance.

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• safclad
    started a topic Are NHS still providing cpap machines. 

Are NHS still providing cpap machines. 

Hi I haven't been diagnosed with sleep apnea but I assume I have it as I snore very badly and my girlfriend says I stop breathing when I'm sleeping. I have had this for a number of years. Does anyone know if I am diagnosed with sleep apnea will I receive a cpap machine or have they stopped providing these.
Working...
X