Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RLS what I have found

Hi All

I have had RLS for sometime however I believe mine is linked to my fibromyalgia

I have fount sleeping with a pillow between my legs helps somewhat

All the best Andy

Comment

RLS

Hi all

I had to see my GP today about RLS and the fact I have now got it in the arms too

I was told my IRON levels were at base levels however not Aenemic, treating with Iron tablets can cause constipation and cause Blood pressure problems
      my GP has prescribed me ropinirole which is also a parkinsons treatment

I was also told to knock of all tea/coffee for 6-7 hours before going to sleep
      and to not smoke 1 hour before sleeping as they are both known to keep you awake and not help RLS.

I sleep with a pillow between my legs and this does help somewhat, I also take Gabapentin for the crawling feeling I get in my legs , I take 400mg 3 times a day.

Hope this may help someone ......Happy Sleeping All .....Andy

Comment

sweeteners

I see some posts about artificial sweetners has anyone looked at what Aspartimine can do, I have contacted my MP as there is some concerns online about tjhis , it is is in 99% of soft and fizzy drinks and in kids sweets

please see the following link and if troubled look in your kids drinks contents

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

My MP has stated that it has passed several stringent test however in his words and I quote " Despite the extensive tests and reviews, some people consider they react badly to consuming aspartemine. The FSA has therefore commissioned a pilot study focusing on people who have self reported bad reactions to the sweetener to understand why this is the case.

If you feel you have concerns that this may be causing you RLS or anything similar the link to your MP is www.writetothem.com

Just a quick pointer Aspartimine uses substances already in the brain and could cause overdosing of these substances

Hope this might help someone....All the Best .....Andy

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very much for that Info I will take some of that onboard. Strange though as Im a nightshift worker I only get RLS when Im off and at night, when Im working and sleep during the day I never get it, strange

Comment

re RLS

Just a thought....I might sound insane

you say your a night shift worker, could it be down to how much exersize you get at work / or not at work?

1st Night on ropininole I will let you know how it goes

Cheers

Comment

re the ASPARTEMINE question please see

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

hope this answers that post

Comment

Originally posted by andymoir View Post
                Just a thought....I might sound insane

you say your a night shift worker, could it be down to how much exersize you get at work / or not at work?

1st Night on ropininole I will let you know how it goes

Cheers
                Strange you say that, at 6am I go running in the gym for an hour then home and bed, but when Im off I dont go to the gym and it seems this could be my problem? will talk it over with the clinic, cheers

Spart.

Comment

I have had severe 24/7 rls for 35+ years and 20 years ago started having treatment. I went through all the usual medications, the DAs etc. Augmented on ropinerole/requip and had to wean off it taking 10 months to do so. I am now eventually quite successful using Codeine and Lyrica, although the Lyrica is actually prescribed for feet and leg neuropathy but it is also a drug used to help with rls. I recently had to change my GP after being with them for 45 years because of a house move. My new GP is not entirely happy about me using Codeine and we have at present agreed a slight reduction. She knows nothing about rls and I may have a fight on my hands to keep using it. But fight I will, I have loads of documentation from the Restless Leg Syndrome Foundation supporting the use of an opiate for severe rls and a history of long term use without asking for an increase, or showing any signs of abuse..

Comment

I have has RLS for over 30 years, and manifests in an incredible urge to move my legs. But having moved them, I then wonder "What was all the fuss for", before the urge returns. It is either sitting down for a while during the evening, or when I have gone to bed. Getting up and walking around helps, which isn't so practical during the night, but I have discovered that lying front down with my thighs against the floor stops the urge to move, so after 20 minutes or so I can go back to sleeping again. The downside is that I sleep on an adjustable bed which is a maritally shared bed, so I have to get out and lie on the floor instead! Bringing pressure on to my thighs is probably the equivalent of using a weighted blanket or duvet, but I cannot bear weight on any other part of my legs or feet, so down onto the floor it is!

Comment

I personally weave the duvet between my legs, which helps calm my RLS. If it's a bit worse, I find stretching my tendons in my legs help. If it's really bad, pretty much nothing I can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X