Gasping for breath with Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset + nasal pillows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasping for breath with Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset + nasal pillows

in 2018 I was diagnosed with chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
    Not bothering to get an NHS unit I forked out the 900 for a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset + nasal pillows and humidifier.
    Using the unit in the summer I found that everything was fine and worked like a dream.
    I am however taking it away at the weekends and so it was impractical to leave the humidifier connected.
    During the cold winter evenings when my bedroom temperature would drop to below 10 Celsius I noticed it was hard to breath.
    Suspecting that the nasal air bypass filter matrix maybe blocked with fluff or dust I continued to clean it a lot more than usual.
    Nothing seemed to work though and under magnification it looked blocked by a build up of condensation.
    Understanding that the cool air from the unit was not heating the mask, its obvious that my exhaled air is condensing in the outgoing air matrix and restricting my breathing, with the potential of the buildup of carbon dioxide.
    I have managed to fix this issue and hope others may use this information to solve or be aware of it.
    I used the Airsense 10 heating humidifier connection tube (without the humidifier) to warm the air before it got to the mark.
    That warmed the mark indirectly and therefore condensation didn't build up in the exhaled air filter matrix.

David

• Icebun
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

I also have a AirSense 10 and leave the humidifier when travelling.

Wasn't aware that the heating humidifier connection tube works without the humidifier so that is good to know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X