Paw proof CPAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paw proof CPAP

My cat has started.again, to sit on my machine during the night and switching it off.
    I an thinking about covering the machine with a box or frame of some sorts. Any other ideas?
    Resmed S9 Autoset
    Resmed H5i humidifier with Climateline
    Resmed Quatro Fx and F&P Forma masks

Get off

Try spraying it with GetOff spray:
    ResMed S9 Autoset with humidifier and ClimateLine
    ResMed Mirage Liberty and Quattro Air masks
    Sinupulse

Comment

Please make a video, please please make a video..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Use an upturned wire shopping basket and put some material round the edge to stop any vibration if any.
        If you have a small machine you get guards for boiler flues, these will also work but the holes are smaller and it may not be so easy to get the hose through an enlarged hole.

Better still, get rid of the cat.
        S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

Shut the door, cat on the other side of it!!!
          Peter
          CPAP : Resmed S9 Escape
          MASK : Resmed Swift FX

Comment

keep the cat!

The other replies are obviously not from cat 'owners'. Shutting the bedroom door will just cause the cat to try and get in all night!

Another way is to try an make it uncomfortable for the cat to sit on the machine. You could try sticking velcro to the top or simply angle a bendy bedside/desk lamp across the top of the machine.
            ResMed S9 Autoset with humidifier and ClimateLine
            ResMed Mirage Liberty and Quattro Air masks
            Sinupulse

Comment

Shut the door!

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              The other replies are obviously not from cat 'owners'. Shutting the bedroom door will just cause the cat to try and get in all night!
              I am the owner of a 12 week old kitten.....I go to bed at around midnight, he tries a little at first to get in by scratching at the carpet/door, for a few minutes then leaves us alone until someone gets up at 6 - 6.30!
              Peter
              CPAP : Resmed S9 Escape
              MASK : Resmed Swift FX

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post

Another way is to try an make it uncomfortable for the cat to sit on the machine. You could try sticking velcro to the top or simply angle a bendy bedside/desk lamp across the top of the machine.
                Get one of these sensor air freshners that go off when someone is in front of it and change the smelly stuff for water, it wont do it again

Comment

Give the cat a nice comfy sofa to itself it will not move then. My cat is 20 years old and just gets up to eat. She is the last of 4 cats and nothing you spray will move any of them.

Comment

I have tried putting a shoe box over the CPAP but the box could not take the weight of the cat !!!
                    Resmed S9 Autoset

Comment

why not try one of these:

I dont think the cat would do it again, then again it would make an awfull mess of the bedroom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticus View Post
                        why not try one of these:

I dont think the cat would do it again, then again it would make an awfull mess of the bedroom
                        Why do I get the feeling that you dont like cats.
                        Resmed S9 Autoset

Comment

Cats like a bit of warmth, if you get it a small bed, a travel rug and a hot water bottle. Wrap the bottle in the travel rug and put it in the bed. Cat may need to be placed in bed until heat keeps it happy, it should stay after that.
                          Not a good idea for it to be near the machine with cat hair and bits of skin around.
                          I had a cat once, it was all cuddles one second and the next it would try take a chunk out of your arm for no other reason than it wanted to
                          Dog is better, it at least does what it is told and my arm is not full of scratches and bites.
                          Cats just stay with you for an easy meal and do nothing in return
                          S2S - Sleep2Snore

Comment

I love cats of all kinds, its just Im not allowed to have one

and if I cant have one.......

Comment

I have found the answer on one of the American forums.
                              A bottle top over the switch.
                              Resmed S9 Autoset

Comment

Working...
                              X