No announcement yet.

Another CPAP Experience (and traveller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CPAP Experience (and traveller)

Hello, post 2!

I have a Resmed S6 and have used it for the past 2 and a half years. Can't compare it to any other machines but it was free from the Churchill Hospital in Oxford so I won't complain too much. I note Resmed are a stones throw from the hospital anyway! Its been exceptionally reliable and is quite robust. I traveled many times to Germany in 2006 and it accompanied me everywhere. Its a bit big and bulky (I use a motorcycle to get to airports) to travel with and I initially packed it into a bag, but with EasyJet the weight seriously impacts on the 20Kg limit. So I started taking it in it's proper bag aided by packing foam and declaring it as a medical device. This way it gets packed as a fragile object and doesn't count towards the weight limit or get charged as baggage! Way to go!

I understand its a basic model, but I couldn't afford to buy one. If anything my only issue is getting filters for it. They get dirty so quickly and are difficult to clean!
    Mart -- Happy CPAP User since 2005.
    Resmed S9 Escape + H5i + Climateline and Quattro FX.
    EPR On and Pressure 12cm.

Did you tell the airline in advance or did you just rock up and told them at check-in?

Comment

Well first time i just turned up after reading their small print online (Easyjet). I was prepared to repack it into my main hold luggage and chuck anything over the limit. Bit to be honest they were fine.

The first time I had it as carry on luggage and wrapped up the machine with loaves of bread and scones etc.. to protect it (lol) and that helped my friend who likes English breads.. But overall it went to Germany about 22 times so I put it in the hold eventually as free medical equipment. It did help that when I got it the consultant included a letter confirming it as essentially an air blower and gave her telephone number etc.. But the cheap Airlines (tried RyanAir as well) didn't really care, bunged a sticker on it and off we went.

I would pack it well though, cos even with the fragile sticker Im sure they fling them on the plane still!!

Comment

You bring English breads to Germany? We've got about the worst bread of the whoel of Europe here! It should be the other way around my friend
        If you can read this...
        ...at least you seem to be getting enough sleep to stay awake and alert!

Comment

Ahh but you see if you are German living in Berlin then the chance to have English style breads are very welcome. I gotta say that when Im in Berlin the choice of bread amazes me. German bread is wonderful, proper flavoured stuff and very healthy... Our bread is soft and squashy and the loaves are much bigger than in the continent.

Just to finish.. lol her favourite is Hovis Country Grain not some standard big white loaf..

Bread over.. !!!

Comment

Nice to see someone else who has an S6 from the Chuchill, like me!
            Peter
            CPAP : Resmed S9 Escape
            MASK : Resmed Swift FX

Comment

Working...
            X